[HCDX] Answer from Radio Georgia Gen.Dir.

[HCDX] Answer from Radio Georgia Gen.Dir.

Hi, this is the answer to my inquiry about the closure of Radio Georgia from
the new, attractive General Director of Georgian RTV, Tamar Kintsurashvili.
She says that the closure is only temporary and service will be resumed when
money has been found for repair. So there is hope as to my experience it is
hard to withstand the zeal and ambition of modern Eastern-European ladies :)
73, Eike

Tamar Kintsurashvili wrote:

[beginquote]

Dear Mr. Eike Bierwirth,

Thank you very much for your letter.

I am extremely glad to hear appraisal of the Western Europe service provided
by the Georgian Public Radio.

It is to my complete understanding that the current developments taking
place in Georgia attracts attentions of many in Europe and there has been
increasing interest towards our foreign issues. Considering this, it is
within our country's as well as the Public Broadcasting's interest to ensure
coverage of our news for the countries abroad.

I agree with you that unfortunately the broadcasting service of Georgian
Public Radio to Western Europe has been interrupted. But, please be informed
that it's been stopped in March and I was appointed as a General Director
justi in Augest. It's only temporarily measure due to technical problems
that the channel presently faces. The Broadcasting's transmitters are very
old and outdated and require urgent replacement. Renewal of the technique as
well as the programmes issued in foreign languages will take some time as
update of the facilities requires serious financial resources. At present,
we work on this issue and as soon as technical problems are solved
broadcasting of the Western Europe will be renewed.

Once again I thank you for expressing your interest towards the programmes
prepared by the Public Radio. I hope we will be able to provide the
programmes to the foreign audience soon and with improved service quality.

Yours Sincerely,

Tamar Kintsurashvili
General Director
Georgian Public Broadcasting
68 M. Kostava str.
Tbilisi 017, Georgia

[endquote]

--

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.