[HCDX] music over RCN Cadena Basíca

Good evening to all of you !

Since October and last night too, I often hear music over the Barranquilla outlet of the RCN Cadena Basíca program on 760 kHz. For exemple the past night before listening to 750, I noted John Lennon's I Love You played followed by "En Colombia. " time-check and news item about Chile, faded down relatively quickly for such a low frequency during and after the time-check.

John Lennon the past night along with bolero and other music on other nights have been noted at times on the Cadena Basíca network of RCN.

In the past, I never noted music on this station, just news and sports with the exception of the jingles, of course, and of the Navidad de (¿sus hijos?) special Christmas program of children from all over Colombia interpreting Xmas tunes.

I'm curious since how many months this station has music. Personnal, I think it's an excellent idea to put music inside the, for exemple, all-news Nocturna RCN program. Aside, DX-wise, to be a reliable way to hear music from Colombia on mediumwave in eastern North America, it makes the programming less monotonous. Aside from news, news and again news, one item followed by ads and some music to keep the programming more variated and not intoxicate the listenership. In the past, they lied because they mentioned music as part of their programs in their IDs and yet nothing like this was heard on Cadena Basíca, aside from the two exceptions mentioned above.

Aside from these two South American oddities, I heard nothing really of interest the past night, so a full report is mostly useless and TA reception was almost non-existent.

I hope to catche some great stuff sometime this evening and otherwise to be able to continue taping moments of decent RCR-750 reception, even though it will be a bit more difficult because there is an interesting show on TV that I'd like to watch too.

Be the good DX stuff with you !
Bogdan Chiochiu on Montreal's West Island

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.