[HCDX] Out with the old... you know the rest.

[HCDX] Out with the old... you know the rest.

In the next month or so, I am
retiring a webpage that has run from a PC in my
office for over 11 years - that is a long time in Internet years!

http://espresso.ts.uvic.ca started modestly enough
on an IBM PS/2 "way back" in late 1994... running
Windows for Workgroups (if memory serves me correctly)
It was a mix of resources for the tech, the radio enthusiast
and, of all things, the coffee lover.

The server went from Windows OS running the 'very unstable'
Httpd through Winsock TCP to OS2 to Slackware Linux on a 90Mhz
PC, a variety of flavors of Linux, finally Red Hat and Fedora

As the coffee side of things grew and grew, it split
off to its own entity (to its own very popular website...)
The radio and techie site remained and moved from PC to
PC (the original box was, like, 50Mhz or something)
to where it rests right now on a 550Mhz Linux workstation and server.

Lacking the reliability and stability of my ISP's server cluster
it was time to devote some space and a domain name to this old project.

Currently: I would really like to put more energy into this project, offering
-sound bytes
-receiver reviews
-manual and instructional downloads
-guestbook and discussion forums
even DX and SWL related podcasts in the New Year
and some MP3 hosting (DX stuff only) for people who do
not have anywhere else to place their favorite audio samples.

So- may I introduce to everyone: www.dxer.ca

For the time being, it will have most of what espresso.ts.uvic.ca had
and will grow steadily in the year 2006.

Colin Newell in Victoria B.C. Canada

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.