[HCDX] Romanian SW log from this late afternoon

[HCDX] Romanian SW log from this late afternoon

Did listen to this one while preparing for my French exam:

6185 FRANCE,   RFI to Romania, Issoudoun DEC 19 2137 - Tuned in to news item about the election of the new Bolivian president which was an Indian and was elected by over 60% persons followed by item about the discovery of new discovery about an increasing number of persons murdered during the Romanian coup d'état of 1989 and about the principal person suspected of being involved with this killing. Program announcements, press review, "Le Vent Nous Portera" by Noir Désir French alternative rock hit and other features followed. Average SIO 443; often arm-chair copy but with more distortion than with the major international broadcasters beaming to NA. (Chiochiu-QC)

Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu
4190 Edward Higgins
H8Y 3M9
Pierrefonds (Montreal's West Island), QC, Canada
(514) 685-0714
Sangean CST-818 with long-wire in the interior yard

Conditions were really abysmal on SW; Burkina Faso was extremely weak and unreadable on 5030, Rebelde 5025 was extremely poor the last time I checked, Marti 6030 didn't fade in yet. Nothing on 6925 in BFO modes at all. The pirates may have been off, but I mostly suspect the poor conditions. Of course, on Friday and Saturday late afternoons and nights, there are much more pirates on the air, but... I wonder if conditions are still that poor at other places too. At least, last night my high-latitude indicator on MW, CKEC-1320, was quite good on the car while getting back from Sainte-Adèle.

I even wonder if it really worth going to bed before 10 PM this evening for SWLing to Radio Mil tomorrow morning. I woke sporadically during the last few days on early mornings. However, nothing really decent could be had on 6010, aside from La Voz de tu Conciencia from time to time. Radio Inconfidencia from Brazil would also be a really great catche on this channel with dawn enhancement. Is Radio Inconfidencia considered an easy catche, at least from the north-east, in the "madrugada" hours ?

I've almost finnished my article about Venezuelan AM radio. I make two corrections on it. It is mainly dedicated to eatsern North American DXers chassing YVs on AM, but there is information about Venezuelan mediumwave reception for Europe, south-western US (where YVRZ-1500 is the only YV really worth chassing) and New Zealand too. I anticipated I will have enough information for presenting 10 Venezuelan states, but I actually presented the half of them, 12. There are 23 states officially, 1 district and some dependances in the Caribbean, but for the prurposes of this article the Distrito Federal district is considered a state, because Caracas is a big city with around two millions of habitants and also because many neighboring cities like fairly sizable Maiquetia where YVRQ-910 broadacsts from and an international airport is located (hence the pre-1986 RQ-910 slogan of Radio Aeropuerto) are also considered as part of DF. So 12 states out of 24 !

I'm thinking seriously about joining the NRC. My article may or not be suitable for a club-only publication ? What do you think ?

I have to leave now for studying for my Xmas exam on French, but I'll be able to make a few corrections and send a copy of this basically finnished article very soon to more of you.

Be the good DX stuff with you !
Bogdan

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is coming out.