[HCDX] Obnoxious UnID 920 kHz

In the U.S., stations are supposed to ID with their
callsign and location at the top of the hour.

Last night between 12:55 AM and 1:05 AM CST local time
(12-20-2005 0655-0705 UTC), I was listening to a talk
station 920 kHZ.  The "Radio America, Voice of the
Nation" slogan was played (a network to which the
station is affiliated), some stupid national
advertisements, and "USA Radio News", but I did not
hear ANY local ID.  And this station was coming in
strong, bearing SW from my location outside of Duluth,
Minnesota, USA, despite QRM from closer stations
(which could be reduced by turning down the RF Gain).
I tried again two hours later at the top of the hour,
within the same 10 or 12 minute window, but no ID...in
fact, I think they played the same commercials!

If anybody knows of a station on 920 affiliated with
Radio America ( http://www.radioamerica.org ) and that
carries USA Radio News ( http://www.usaradio.com ),
your help would be greatly appreciated.  No affiliate
list on either site.

This message courtesy of Jacob Norlund

Ham Radio ---- KCØLTV        Latitude ---- 46.8N
Grid Square -- EN36US        Longitude --- 92.3W

TV and FM DX from Northern Minnesota
Interweb site under Construction at http://www.geocities.com/tvdxer

http://mail.yahoo.com

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.