From: DENNIS DAHLQUIST <rgvads@xxxxxxxxx>
To: aum108@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 12:37 AM
Subject: Issue with my RF2200

Mike,
I recently came upon your interesting website. It would seem you know a lot
about shortwave radios and I was wondering if you had any ideas how I might
clean the scrolling frequency readout on my RF2200? Would you happen to know
if I unscrewed the unit from the back, would I be able to get to and gently
wipe down the scrolling analog frequency readout that scrolls when I turn
the tuning knob? I think it might be paper with the frquency designations
printed on it. If I'm careful, I think I might be able to lightly brush the
surface or wipe it witha cloth to get some old dust and dirt off the paper
that show thru the plastic cover on the front panel. Is there any problem
with an amatuer like me removing the backside screws and having a look
inside? Seems like it would be pretty simple. have you ever done this? Or,
do you know where and to whom I could send my radio for a inside cleaning
and alignment? Any advice would be most appreciated.
Thank you kindly,
Den

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.