[HCDX] (no subject)

Happy New Year to all fellow DXers. Thanks for all the awesome tips and info, given by all those avid DXers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been thinking of 'adopting ' a certain metre band and just concentrating on that set set of frequncies, instead of hopping all over the radio dial . In my case I will dedicate the upcoming New Year to monitoring in very prolific 49 metre bands . I don't know about the rest of you all, but this year the 49 metre band seems to have great receptions . 49 metres as you know includes plenty of super power SW stations, plus plenty of weaker domestic stations from all over the globe . This time of year I find the band open up from maybe 1900 UTC till at least local sunrise at my QTH . Anyways that's my New Years plan of action . And like many New Years resolution, we tend to stick to it for a few weeks, and drop it. As in my yearly reslolutions to lose weight etc .... ;- ) .

I am also considering to adopt a certain range on the Medium Wave spectrum.
Anyone out there have a suggestion as to a really interesting MW segment  ?
Maybe  800- 900 Khz . , or 600 - 700 kHZ ?

As for Long Wave, since I really don't do much on those freqs. I will keep that spectrum for another time .

So, once again, Happy New Year to all .

I plan on spending New Year eve munching on shrimp and of course begin my focus on 49 metres .

tom messer
Mequon ,wi
Kiwa Loop, NRD 525, AND ASSORTED BELLS AND WHISTLES .

GOOD LUCK .

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.