Re: [HCDX] [dxld] Jihad-DX

Thanks loads, Jari, for cross-posting this to other lists. I figured it would
be unproductive.

Since I am being maligned, I have to reply. As I told Hans at the time he
expelled me, I have no particular need to contribute to Cumbre, and would be
happy to refrain from doing so, but maintain an ``exchange`` relationship,
whereby some Cumbre news would be available to the wider DXing community thru
DXLD. This was rejected.

I had thought I was being helpful by answering questions on that list, or
clarifying mistakes so they would go no further. Apparently, Cumbre is the home
of the thin-skinned who take such natural discourse to be ``making fun of``.
BTW, long before that, when I started posting DXLD issue notifications on
numerous lists, Hans made it clear those were not welcome at Cumbre. WHY?

On the other hand, I WELCOME correxions or clarifications when I make a
mistake, and even correct myself frequently. Yes, it`s a hobby, but is it not
important to do it well and to learn as one goes along? Apparently with Cumbre
it is better to let mistakes and inaccuracies go, and stay in the dark.

As a collector of DX info to Digest, when I see something newsworthy from
Cumbre which has been quoted by another publication with which I have an
exchange agreement, (and which copies info freely from DXLD), I feel free to
use it (always credited, of course).

It is also galling that since access to DXLD is totally unrestricted, Hans and
anyone else at Cumbre has access to it, while I, and my readers, are denied
direct access to Cumbre. But that`s one of the drawbacks of a free vs a
controlled press we shall have to live with.

The situation with EDXP is similar but not identical. Both lists are
restricted, and the object is to keep info from getting out to the great
unwashed DXing masses, at least for a while. This does not keep them from using
open lists such as HCDX to publicize their own projects, but not for actually
sharing DX news!

Bob runs EDXP in such a way that info from EDXP is not to be reproduced in
open-access bulletins such as DXLD. Yet as Bob admits, apparently to his
consternation, EDXP membership keeps falling into the low double-digits, as he
tries to micromanage how everyone behaves.

It`s also clear that Bob cannot take being corrected, which is a shame, since
he does make a lot of mistakes.

I think it is extremely sad that both these individuals have a lot of
knowledge, expertise and experience in DXing which they could share with all of
us, but choose not to (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

http://mail.yahoo.com

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.