[HCDX] VOA QSL's & A Reply

Finally got a QSL from VOA for the Sao Tome relay today, almost four
months to the day. Report was sent to the DC address 4 months ago via
snail mail, and three weeks ago via the web site. Not sure which one
elicited the response.

On another note, I received this email from the VOA concerning delays
in replies:

Dear Mr. Lay:

Thank you for your note of earlier this month.
I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I
apologize also for the fact that we have not been
responding to reception reports with QSL cards. We are
working right now on remedying that and hope to be back in
business very soon. The gentleman who was handling the
QSLs unfortunately and suddenly passed away several
months ago, and filling his position has been delayed
due to budget reductions.

Again, I apologize for taking a couple of weeks to
respond to your note, and I thank you for sharing your
concerns about this matter with us. We agree with
you and should be back in business soon.

Sincerely,

Joe O'Connell
Director
Office of Public Affairs