[HCDX] BBC resumes medium wave broadcasts in Moscow

BBC resumes medium wave broadcasts in Moscow :
(22 February, 2006)

BBC World Service is back on medium wave in Moscow. Following a brief
interruption, BBC Russian has resumed broadcasting on the 1260 kHz frequency.
The BBC came off air in Moscow when the technical licence of its former
distributor, Octode, expired in late December 2005.
The Head of BBC Russian, Sara Beck, said: "I am delighted by this news, as
will be our medium wave audience in Moscow.
"They've got into the habit of listening to BBC Russian on medium wave, and
they have been letting us know just how much they were missing us.
"We are extremely pleased that it's business as usual, bringing
international news to our listeners in Moscow."
BBC Russian continues broadcasting on 1260 kHz in St Petersburg and on 666
kHz in Ekaterinburg.
BBC Russian is also available in Moscow on FM via partner station, Radio
Arsenal 87.5 FM.
The audio of all BBC Russian programmes is available via its popular
website bbcrussian.com
(BBC Press Release, 22 Feb. 2006)

Best regards,

MD. AZIZUL ALAM AL-AMIN