[HCDX] IBOC Train Wreck on 1090

The IBOC train wreck has happened. WBAL is being bothered by IBOC
interference from a station on 1080 at 0145-0200 EDT 7/27/2006. I am
not sure who on 1080 is running the IBOC, but I suspect WTIC because
they are the strongest on the channel and it sounds like they are
doing some testing. I am within WBAL's local coverage area at night.
1070 is virtually wiped out.

Here is a clip.  At the beginning I tuned to 1080 and 1070 to see
what was going on on those channels.  The station running IBOC was
turning it off and on, and I was trying to adjust my antenna setup to
get rid of it, so the intensity of the sound changed a couple of
times.

http://philcobill.com/iboc/01090-20060727-0150-WBAL-IBOC.mp3

The receiver was a Drake R8B

Bill Harms