[HCDX] Japan provides US$8.1m for Nepali radio broadcast

Japan provides US$8.1m for Nepali radio broadcast:
(31-Jul-06)

The Japanese government has pledged an assistance of US$8.1 million for
radio broadcast in Nepal.
This was announced by Senior Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan,
Yasuhisa Shiozaki, who arrived in Kathmandu for a two-day visit, Nepal News
reports.
"That is (our) first aid after the democratisation process firmly picked up
in Nepal.
"But we have also shown willingness to give assistance in the peace and
democratisation consultation process," Mr Shiozaki said.
He said Japan would provide all possible assistance to Nepal, through
bilateral and multilateral channels for the strengthening and
consolidation  (ABU Website)

Best regards,

MD. AZIZUL ALAM AL-AMIN
RAJSHAHI, BANGLADESH