[HCDX] "Flattop" antenna

Does any of you have any experience with the "flattop antenna"
construction and use?
I am interested if any of you has simple manuals over necessary
equipment and any idea of the costs.
I have approx 40-41 metres room for it.

Much used as a transmitting antenna in the USA earlier(WSM/KFI etc.).
It is said it is very good as a skywave antenna.

I refer you to Les Rayburn's

Transmitting antenna for beacon XMGR, 185 kHz LW:

http://www.highnoonfilm.com/xmgr/xmgr.htm
http://www.highnoonfilm.com/xmgr/updates/foofoo.htm

I also refer you to Norsk Radio's proposal for a receiving antenna in #
4/1925:

http://www.northernstar.no/flattopsmall1.jpg
http://www.northernstar.no/flattopsmall2.jpg
http://www.northernstar.no/flattopsmall3.jpg

In addition the transmitting antenna for Bergen Kringkastingsstasjon
atop the Telegraph Building in Bergen ca. 1925-1937:

http://www.northernstar.no/bergenkrk3.gif

I also refer you to the essay
G5RV Multi-Band Antenna by Louis Varney,
from RADIO COMMUNICATIONS, JULY 1984:
http://www.qsl.net/aa3px/g5rv.htm

Svenn Martinsen

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.