[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs October 16

** CUBA. RHC French, 11720, clear and fair signal at 2151 Oct 16, // 11760.
This must be a leapfrog produced by the RHC Spanish transmitter on 11800. But
before I had any more time to enjoy it, the 11760 transmitter went haywire,
into loud crackling noise completely overriding French audio on channel, and
intermittently splattering out to plus and minus 50 kHz or so (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [and non]. Radio Martí on new 9515, Oct 16 at 2203, news to me but not
to the DentroCuban Jamming Command which was almost covering it up. // 13820
Delano but 9515 running about 3 words or one second behind 13820, not what you
would expect for Greenville. Could it be some new unknown relay site? Need to
see how it matches to other // 6030 and 11930 Greenville. 9515 is not shown on
the non-updated R. Martí schedule grid at
http://www.martinoticias.com/frequencies.htm but after cutbacks earlier this
year, RM is now again on four SW frequencies at once instead of three. RM
Greenville is scheduled on 9565 until 2200, and when I checked that at 2204,
some leftover jamming was still running there against nothing (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NEW ZEALAND. RNZI analog still missing, nothing heard on 13730 at 2145 Oct
16, whilst 15720 DRM was inescapable. It seems the Brother Scare test via
Guiana French on 13730 is only one hour at 20-21 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** TURKEY. VOT IS, 9830, Oct 16 at 2155 leading up to English to North America;
but marred by strong het of 1 kHz or less. This carrier on the hi side got
stronger relative to VOT after programming began at 2200, making VOT impossible
to listen to, at least without a very good notch filter. No modulation could be
heard on the carrier, but I suspect it is the same one with RTTY in the
mornings which ruins Voice of Vietnam on 9830 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** U S A. ``KAIJ, Dallas, Texas, USA`` ID at 2159:20 Oct 16 on new 9895,
interrupting Defunct Gene Scott before he finished what he was saying --- wait
a minute, he NEVER finishes what he is saying --- and then into Genesis network
promo. It appears KAIJ has added some new frequencies and programming, filling
otherwise unsold hours here and there with DGS who used to be their only
customer (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) see also UNIDENTIFIED 10475

UNIDENTIFIED. The mysterious 10475 frequency of Defunct Gene Scott was still
audible Oct 16 at 2148, but weak and fading out; // 13750 and 9725 CR, 11775
Anguilla, 13845 WWCR, and 9895 KAIJ. Fiddling with frequencies, I finally found
two that would produce 10475: 11775 minus 1300 = 10475. Trouble is, they are at
two different sites, Anguilla and WWCR`s MW outlet in Nashville, WNQM, and this
might work only if 11775 were really WWCR instead of Anguilla, quite unlikely.
Back to the calculator (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) See also U S A
KAIJ

http://mail.yahoo.com

Preorder your WRTH 2007:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953586499/hardcoredxcom/