[HCDX] WRN assists Radio Romania International with inaugural DRM broadcast

WRN assists Radio Romania International with inaugural DRM broadcast
(October 20th, 2006)

Radio Romania International (RRI) has commenced its first ever broadcast
using DRM (Digital Radio Mondiale with the assistance of WRN, the
London-based digital radio and television transmission provider. Since 16th
October 2006, RRI, the international voice of Romania, has been
broadcasting a daily, 30 minute, English language show to Europe from 1400
UTC during the Summer season on 7160 kHz and during the Winter season from
1500 UTC on 7340 kHz at 60kW (RMS DRM power). WRN has organised these DRM
broadcasts for RRI using a transmitter site in Germany and is undertaking
service monitoring and technical support.
Eugen Cojocariu, Head of Radio Romania International, says, "It is our
great pleasure to announce that Radio Romania International is the first
Romanian radio station to enter the DRM Club. We are very happy to be there
because we are sure that the future is digital with DRM. I hope our
European listeners will enjoy the daily half an hour English show coming
from Bucharest."
(Source: WRN via Media Network Weblog)

Best regards,

MD. AZIZUL ALAM AL-AMIN