[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs October 25

** CANADA [and non]. I was waiting on 7310, Oct 25 at 1600 for RCI test as
reported the last two days, this time with my main receiver and all the noise
sources off. But nothing. So I tuned up to 7320 and listened to a MARS net on
SSB for a while, checkins from NM and AZ; but back to 7310 at 1604 and RCI was
then on, in French, peaking 10 over S9, but undermodulated and no comparison to
the // 17765. 7310 was soon losing out to an increasing noise level. At 1557 I
had found CHU JBA on 7335. Strange there have not been more reports of
Sackville`s monumental entry into the 7 MHz band (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHINA. Firedrake on 10450, Oct 25 at 1416, good with flutter. This must mean
that Sound of Hope has been keeping to this frequency for quite a while now
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** FRANCE [non]. The one day I am not listening at 1400 to rererereconfirm RFI
in English on 6120, something else happens. Oct 25 I did not tune in until
1418, and instead of regular RFI English programming, there was a continuous
variety of pop music, some with English lyrics, interrupted occasionally, such
as at 1426 by a brief YL ID as ``RFI`` pronounced in French. At 1422 I think
IDs were in other languages, and at 1442 ``RFI Music without frontiers``. And
so it went until abruptly off without so much as an au-revoir at 1455* I
suspect this is fill music played from transmitter site when the program feed
is lost, or maybe from studio when there is a strike; seems I have run across
similar behavior before. This is the transmission on the schedules supposedly
in Vietnamese via Japan. Will it be back to English the next day? (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. Today`s problem with RRI/VOI, Oct 25 on 9525: at 1352 found a
mixture of audio from two programs, Suara Indonesia on top, but not far below
another RRI service in Indonesian. The usual VOI sign-off procedure concluded a
little early with the NA over at 1357, allowing the other program to be heard
in the clear, but soon mixed with CRI Russian service musical warmup. Instead
of going off, or going to open carrier, Indonesia kept right on programming
past 1400 with a few breakups in audio at first, and mostly atop CRI. At 1402,
they mentioned Jakarta, and satu, which identifies Program One.

Did not try to listen the rest of the hour after 1413, but at 1517, 9525 was
still going with M&W DJs, music, call-ins, in the clear again. At 1528 a YL ID
in English over continuous gamelan orchestral music, ``From Jakarta, you are
listening to the Voice of Indonesia``. This music went on, with the same ID
repeated 24 times (I counted them) thru 1549; sometimes the IDs were 2 minutes
apart, sometimes 2 or 3 in a single minute. At 1540 it seemed there were going
back to the phone-in program, with hello? But that did not last long. The
transmission cut off abruptly at 1551*. It`s so nice to have VOI ID for us in
English, but it would be even nicer that instead of wasting time like this,
they would actually put the one-hour English broadcast on 9525 at a time we can
hear it! Such as 1300 or 1500. At least today I did not hear their ID referring
us to website, which checked at 2005, was still inaccessible,
http://www.rri-online.com (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** JAPAN. ``Sur le Pont d`Avignon``, Oct 25 at 1514 on 6190 made me wonder if I
had found another RFI relay, but that was just the music break on R. Japan in
English; 1515 on to Asian Top News. Fair signal, rather late in the morning,
especially since it`s aimed west, 280 degrees from Yamata (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST) See FRANCE

** NEW ZEALAND. RNZI was back again on 7145 analog, Oct 25 at 1349 with reports
on sports in Fiji, poor signal. From B-06, their overnight analog frequency is
to be 5950, which will be even harder to hear here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** OMAN. It`s tough to hear the only English hour from R. Sultanate of Oman
here, but Oct 25 at 1422, 15140 had some fluttery music, presumably this, with
some splatter from overpowering WYFR 15130 in Spanish, 285 degrees (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** RUSSIA. The 7200 transmitter in Yakutsk is ailing again; Oct 25 at 0539
Russian choral music with warble, previously thought to be jamming. And guess
what, STILL audible with the warble when rechecked at 1419, when there may have
been some other interference.

On 11645 at 1557 Oct 25, a familiar classical piece jazzed up, 1558 Arabic
announcement and VOR IS. Per EiBi this is 15-16 only from St Pete to ME (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SAUDI ARABIA. Remarkably, Oct 25 at 1538, BSKSA on 15435 with Qur`an and ---
NO BUZZ! (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

http://mail.yahoo.com

Preorder your WRTH 2007:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953586499/hardcoredxcom/