[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs October 30+

Monitoring from 2145 to 2230, and 2430

** ALBANIA. Drita Cico of R. Tirana would be very interested in reports of
their North American service on the new B-06 schedule.

Albanian 0000-0130 daily on 7425 (barely audible here at 0030 Oct 31.)
English 0245-0300 & 0330-0400 on 6115, 7465 (except UT Mondays).

You might also evaluate the audio quality while you are at it. If you post your
observations to the dxldyg I will be sure to forward them.
(Glenn, dxldyg via DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA [non]. Looking thru the RCI B-06 technical schedule, I spot something
very strange for the 0100-0157 English broadcast:
7 DAYS HBY 5840 350 283 HR 4/4/0.5 39-41
7 DAYS NAU 5970 250  90 HR 4/4/0.5 40,41
A 283 degree beam, N of westward, at this hour of the night, when the targets
are CIRAF zones 39-41, i.e. from Turkey to Bangladesh?? Supposed to be 83
degrees, maybe? I have not searched the schedule thoroughly for any more such
anomalies; can anyone find some?
http://www.rcinet.ca/rci/PDF/RCI-TECH-B06-en.pdf

Also the RCI skeds are effective until March 25. RCI may be in for a rude
awakening when the N American clox are reset an hour later for DST starting
March 11. RCI normally causes its broadcasts to the USA to shift time
accordingly on the DST-start date (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [non]. Checking R. República Oct 30: at 2214, 6135 via Rampisham was
coming in well, and no sign of jamming, which is strange since this is the same
frequency as in A-06; 2215 ID and went on to give their schedule on (WRMI)
9955, but not these relays. At 0030 the next frequency via UK was 7205, audible
there somewhat atop jamming. Will they also still be on 7110 after 0200? Their
website has not been updated, http://www.radiorepublica.org/ since it still
shows the old A-06 frequency 7160 for the M-F 2300-0400 Tu-Sa broadcast via RMI
via Germany, which is really on the new frequency we have been discussing,
5970, starting Oct 30. At 0030 heard RR ID clear of any jamming, but much
stronger signal from RHC on 5965 was disturbing it. We can hope that in parts
(most?) of Cuba, 5965 will be skipping over and not a problem. Jamming was
still on ex-5910, against nothing, where RR might as well have stayed, as there
was also nothing on 5905 or 5915. Once the jamming starts on 5970 it should be
fun for the stations on 5965, 5975 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [non]. I still haven`t figured out R. Martí`s new frequency schedule,
but some observations Oct 30: At 2152 heavy jamming against nothing on 15330,
which must have closed earlier. I believe it runs from 14 to 20 now. Also lite
clix around 15480, presumably spurious from there, altho in this case 150 kHz
away. Canada blocked mirror 15180. At 2159 jamming on 9565, but no Martí or
jamming on 9515 before or after 2200, which had been a new frequency I found a
few days ago in A-06; that schedule, not including 9515, still appearing at
http://www.martinoticias.com/frequencies.htm (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** GABON. ANO, 9580, G signal Oct 30 at 2228 in French; noticed it has a lite
``generator whine``, the same as heard on its harmonic 19160, but which was not
making it thru today or recently (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GERMANY. Confirmed Oct 30 that one of DW`s better programs, A World of
Music, is still airing Mondays at 2130-2200, but the Rwanda relay frequency,
also onward toward us, has changed to 11690. The RTTY on the low side is still
there but unlike Jordan, this signal is strong enough to overcome it, at least
by side-tuning on the high side. The other airing, which was at 0530 UT
Tuesdays, has vanished with the second half of that transmission (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** HUNGARY. R. Budapest`s little-known early NAm service in Hungarian is now at
22-23 UT on 6140, and that was coming in well at 2213 check Oct 30 next to R.
República 6135 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** POLAND [and non]. R. Polonia`s new relay via French Guiana back to Europe in
Polish at 22-23 collides with BBC via Furman to Caribbean at the same hour on
the same frequency, 9660! This BBC transmission was on 13765 during A-06, and
it seems the only reason they picked 9660 was that they are also using it from
WHRI in the mornings. A better reason was needed. Was there no coördination
between these two, or did they figure there would be no problem, since one is
to Caribbean and the other to Europe? BBCWS was well atop RP here, but annoying
and totally unnecessary QRM underneath. At first I was not sure what it was,
nor the language; some nasalisation made it possibly French until it came in a
bit more clearly around 2230, when BBC was promoting an upcoming item about the
`tiny` Emirate of Dubai (well, it`s about 2428 square miles, not so tiny). The
collision situation is bound to be even worse in the Caribbean target area of
BBC. And Stephen Luce in Houston tells me they were about equal strength there.
In the previous hour, however, 9660 was in the clear for BBC, interrupted at
2159 for a WHR ID (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U K [non]. Collision with R. Polonia on 9660: see POLAND [non]

** U S A. Just tuned in to 15580, strong signal with rock music, at 2149 Oct 30
when it cut off abruptly and did not return in the next few minutes. Presumably
VOA Greenville, which is supposed to be the 15580 site during the 21-22 hour
only during the music shows, rather than Botswana or Morocco earlier in the
day. Perhaps they will manage to stay on until 2200 in coming days (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. After running all day on 9450, WEWN at 2155 Oct 30 announced it was
about to shift to 9975. At 2157, I found it up on 9975, but WWCR was still
there too, a big collision of about 10 Hz during Pastor Pete Peters; then WWCR
QSY announcement to 9985 and off at 2158:30 or so (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

(http://www.yahoo.com/preview)

Preorder your WRTH 2007:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953586499/hardcoredxcom/