[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 4

** CHINA. One more search for English from France at 1400 included former
frequency 7220; Nov 4 at 1417 heard some western classical music, into Standard
Chinese announcement. CRI via Kunming is scheduled here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** CZECH REPUBLIC [non]. R. Prague relays, coincidentally at the same time,
1500 UT via WRMI 7385 and Sackville 15160: Nov 4 at 1503 they were definitely
not //, two different women announcers speaking on different subjects, so I
assume 15160 is still a day late (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ECUADOR. HCJB won`t bother to broadcast what`s left of DX Partyline in
English, but Alen Grajam is L&C in Spanish on Aventura Diexista, along with
Juan Carlos, as I ran across it Sat Nov 4 at 1446 on VG 11960 aimed at México.
News of Eslovaquia returning to SW (without José Miguel Romero`s caveats);
Rubén Guillermo Margenet (pronounced with a hard G??) contributed corrected
schedule of KBS WR in Spanish (as I had pointed out was needed when it was
first circulated); pause for proselytizing courtesy of the Ejército de
Salvación, so I tuned away.

At 1457 recheck they were plugging the Programas DX website with access to
audio of almost all the Spanish-language DX shows including Mundo Radial, at
http://es.geocities.com/programasdx/  Strangely enough, Alen Grajam pronounces
geocities as if it were Spanish and / as `slash` in English, something I cannot
bring myself to do when speaking Spanish. I kept listening for the ID at
1459:30 which is another one quoting someone and, yes, the wrong frequencies,
11760 and 9745 instead of 11690 and 11960. Immediately after timesignal at
1500, 11960 cut off. If AG and JC were axually in the studio monitoring their
own output, instead of being an automated playback, they might notice that the
IDs recorded long ago give wrong frequencies (I`ll bet all of them do too,
without monitoring every semihour.) After 1500, scanning 13m I found a better
signal than usual from HCJB on 21455-USB, so that may have been // too earlier
tho not announced (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GREECE. VOG, Sat Nov 4 at 1500, checked 17525 to see whether Greeks Around
the World was on, the weekly English hour which during A-06 and DST was at 1400
on 15630, 9420. ERA was too far under the constant utility chirping QRM I have
reported before; tentatively sounded like Kat, but couldn`t lock my brain onto
it as being in English. John Babbis says it`s not Katerina. Nothing audible on
// 9420 unlike previous occasions. At 1558 I found that 17525 had already
changed to 15630 earlier than scheduled, but it was music and still could not
confirm language (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. Suara Indonesia, 9525 again with open carrier, hum, Nov 4 from
1400 past 1500. Rechecked at 1605 it was in Qur`an, probably having started
again its Arabic service to Japan and North America (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** KOREA NORTH. KCBS domestic relay on 9665 plays lots of nice music, if you
try not to think that it`s all to glorify The Dear Leader. Nov 4 at 1433, YL
solo with Hammond? organ and other instruments in revolutionary ballad, also
with reverb. Heavy flutter on the signal added to its exotic flavour. Anyhow,
I`d much rather listen to this than the wailing from Walterboro (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OMAN. R. Sultanate of Oman, 15140, Nov 4 at 1452, brief English announcement
and pop music quickly replaced by Qur`an. Somewhat better signal than before
but still suffering from 15130 WYFR splatter. Tried it with USB synch detexion
on the ICF SW07, but that didn`t really help in this situation (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** RUSSIA [and non]. English on 7200 at 1415 Nov 4 would be R. Japan to SE
Asia, but severely marred by oscillating tones at the rate of 200 per minute,
believed to come from malfunxioning Yakutsk transmitter (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** SAUDI ARABIA. BSKSA with Qur`an, 15435 considerably stronger than // 15425
at 1505 Nov 4 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SOUTH CAROLINA [non]. The Overcomer website SW schedule effective Oct 29 at
http://www.overcomerministry.org/SW-UTC.htm is approximate at best. This entry
from an unID 250 kW location, no doubt Guiana French

17815 TDF N. America 250 kW 2.00 hours Sabbath 1500 1700

Is nonsense, since Sat Nov 4 confirmed on the same frequency previously used,
17810, which is very good news, especially when Brother Scare screams, for RCI
listeners who are still able to hear a CBC program, Vinyl Café at 1505-1600
Saturdays on 17820 aimed south. Even so, it`s advisable to tune slightly above
17820 to avoid all the BS. At 1430, 17810 was // 9385 WWRB but as usual not in
synch, with a hymn sounding like a sea-chanty. Modulation so poor could not
make out words, no loss. Then open carrier, dead air for two minutes --- silent
prayer? Doubt it. TOM theme music started up at 1432. Note the time, which does
not match the sked entry above either. It ran past 1600, but was gone when I
tuned by again at 1609. Maybe it`s really supposed to be 1400-1600? See also
KOREA NORTH (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U K. Another triumph of American cultural imperialism: Nov 4 at 1456,
language lessons in English, barnyard sounds in the background, but presented
with definite American accent. Surely this was the only station one can find
listed on this frequency at this time, BBCWS Arabic service from Rampisham at
09-16, tho I could not keep listening for a definite ID (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. KTBN, 15590 in open carrier as frequency had just been changed from
7505, Nov 4 at 1559. 15590 was silent, but plenty of noise from the huge buzz
it produces, out to 15565 and 15625 blotting out all other stations in that
range, tho it`s worst around 15580 and 15600. Then sign-on ID (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

(http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited)

Preorder your WRTH 2007:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953586499/hardcoredxcom/