[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 7

** CANADA. One may still hear the harmonica fill music at times on RCI, such as
1630 UT Nov 7 in the middle of the only Sounds Like Canada hour from CBC that
RCI still carries, on 17820, also 13655, 9515. I believe I have also heard
Claude Garden`s harmonica music on RCI1 webcast (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHINA. Firedrake against Sound of Hope, poor with flutter at 1634 Nov 7 on
10400 (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. Nov 7 at 0702 on 6060, announcer introducing Teatro de la Opera. Must
be R. Musical Nacional CMBF relay via RHC, of variable duration, which is never
in published schedules (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [and non]. Tue Nov 7 at 0709 MCW spy letter transmission started on
5930. I was already tuned to the area because I was trying to figure out the
kind of noise I was hearing from 5920 to 5930, like a swarm of bees, different
pitch than the usual DRM, but perhaps it was a DRM variant. Caused QRM to 5930
and 5920. Nothing, however, on the current DRM schedules on 5925, nor on 5920
at this hour. Which is not conclusive, since we know these schedules are not
inclusive (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** FRANCE [non]. RFI English, 15160 via South Africa, fair with flutter,
discussing colonialism with French accent at 1634 Nov 7. Nothing audible on //
15605 direct from France in the skirts of that awful buzz from KTBN 15590
(Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GOA. Re 6-166, CHINA: Checking out report of China being heard in Tulsa OK
on 9820, Nov 7 at 1357, I tuned in to hear a man talking, definitely not in
Mandarin, right across hourtop. 1405 some music I would classify as South
Asian, not Chinese. This was only a poor signal with heavy flutter, but
modulation seemed to be OK. Possibly at times there was another station
underneath. At 1417 more SAs music, no CCI audible. 1430 missed hourbottom as I
was tuned to REE 17595 which does run an automatic timesignal then. At 1449,
9820 had chanting going up and down, up and down only a few notes. Off promptly
at 1500. Altho I could not get a definite ID nor be sure of the language, I
believe this is AIR Sinhala service as scheduled, via Goa, which I have also
heard a number of times before, rather than anything from China on 9820. There
were no commercials, jingles, English bits or over-production typical of CNR
now. However, perhaps things are different earlier in the 1300 hour, and of
course conditions can vary widely from one day to the next. Goa is close to a
transpolar signal from here (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. VOI, 9525, not checked until 1627 Nov 7, and it was a big open
carrier, not much hum, covering something much weaker with talk. Previously
Suara Indonesia had been heard with Arabic during this hour on 9525, at least
at the start of it (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U K [non]. BBCWS in English, Nov 7 at 1409 check on 5975 was audible, but
with co-channel QRM underneath; nothing on 6040. But at 1523 check, 6040 was
there, and no 5975. I suppose 6040 is another of those of those temporary
frequencies from unknown site, like 9440 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** U S A [and non]. Nov 7 at 1626 in Spanish, WRMI with Cuban exile program on
9955, and no jamming audible! However, there was a lo het, probably with KHBN
Palau, also shown in FCC B-06 as on the air at this time; I wonder which is
further off-frequency? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Sponsored Link

Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are you waiting for?
http://www.netflix.com/Signup?mqso=80010030

Preorder your WRTH 2007:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953586499/hardcoredxcom/