[HCDX] 'pirate' Radio Hauraki 40th Anniv Newsletter & Competition

'pirate' Radio Hauraki 1966-1970
40th Anniversary Newsletter
November 8 2006....2 days to go
________________________________

1. New Hauraki competition announced end of November
2. Former Hauraki DJ's on air on November 10
3. NZ's National Radio FM101 airs Hauraki special
4. Hauraki 40th Anniversary Exhibition
5. Special Hauraki book and CD offers...a few left
PLUS...Help! They've lost the original Hauraki transmitter!
'Shoestring
Pirates'...the movie.....and your donations help build the Hauraki
memories
pages.....

Hi Hauraki and competition fans.....first up, we've got a great new
competition
scheduled to be announced the last week of November......this will be
worth
waiting for...so keep an eye on www.radioheritage.net for the
details....

The Original Hauraki 'Good Guys' will be broadcasting live from
todays Radio
Hauraki throughout the day on Friday, November 10 [NZT], and you can
listen
from anywhere in the world at www.hauraki.co.nz......you'll hear
Peter Telling,
Paul ['I love you Mum & Dad'] Lineham, Ian Ferguson, Fred Botica,
Ross Goodwin,
Ian Magan, Chris Parkinson, Bob Leahy, Tom Bradley and many
others...great
memories, great music, the original jingles and much more.......

Radio New Zealand's National Radio 101FM also presents a special
documentary 'The Story of Radio Hauraki' with archival recordings and
new
interviews....listen to 'Musical Chairs' with Trevor Reekie at 3.30pm
on
Saturday November 11 [NZT and date], and repeated at 7.30pm on Friday
17
November [NZT and date]. Check the Radio NZ website for online
streaming and
podcasts. David Gapes and Denis O'Callahan will feature....thanks to
Liisa
McMillan of National Radio 101 for this information.......

Former Hauraki engineer Chris Prouse is causing a stir in
Auckland...he's
demanding that local museum MOTAT front up with the original Hauraki
transmitter that was deposited there for safekeeping....and that
MOTAT now says
it can't find....so, if you've seen a giant and very heavy radio
transmitter
around MOTAT, let Chris know!

The original 1480 transmitter was to be a centerpiece at the 40th
anniversary
exhibition at the NZ National Maritime Museum in Auckland which opens
this
weekend and runs for three months.

We've still got a few sets of our Radio Hauraki Memorabilia packages
left and
one can be yours as a thank you gift in return for a donation of just
NZ$99.95
[tax deductible in NZ, so you get NZ$33.31 back!] or US$69.95.
Includes
shipping worldwide...and you get the out-of-print blue cover version
of 'Shoestring Pirates' the true story of the station by Adrian
Blackburn PLUS
the CD 'Fresh Pacific Wind' full of rare interviews, jingles, ads,
the sinking
of the Tiri and much more....full details now at
www.radioheritage.net. This is
a great package, and a great price...and nearly 50% of stock has now
gone....

Also get the CD 'Fresh Pacific Wind' by itself as a thank you for a
donation of
just NZ$49.95 [tax deductible in NZ, so you'll get a refund of
NZ$16.65]
including shipping. Overseas, the donation is just US$39.95 including
shipping....check out www.radioheritage.net and get yours
today...they're
flying out like hot cakes all over the world and once stock has gone,
that's
it....

We'll be visiting Auckland in a few weeks time to meet up with some
of the
Original Good Guys, collect some original souvenirs, visit the
exhibition and
help Chris find the old 1480 transmitter...get more great prizes for
future
competitions......and find out more about Adrian Blackburns plans
for 'Shoestring Pirates'...the movie!!!!!

In the meantime, we've got new memories pages and never before seen
Hauraki
photos at the 'pirate' Radio Hauraki 1966-70 webpages at
www.radioheritage.net
and...watch out for photos from the 40th anniversary party....and the
original
1480 Club Newsletter Issue #1 courtesy of a good Hauraki fan in
Auckland who
tracked it down for us....thanks John!

The Original Good Guys
'pirate' Radio Hauraki 1966-70
40th Anniversary

'throw me
overboard' in the subject line to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The Radio
Heritage
Foundation is a registered non-profit charity in NZ. Our mailing
address is PO
Box 14339, Wellington 6241, New Zealand. We do all this for free, so
if you'd
like to help out, use your VISA or Mastercard and make a donation
online at
www,radioheritage.net. Thanks for helping us keep the spirit of
Hauraki alive!
_______

Preorder your WRTH 2007:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953586499/hardcoredxcom/