Re: [HCDX] German magazine CQ-DL article about the TTFD antenna

Dear amigos:
I am trying to find an article published by CQ-DL , the German radio magazine, about the TTFD antenna. A good friend of mine that has worked a lot with this type of broadband antenna, mentioned that in that article there are several very interesting contributions to the state of the art regarding the
TTFD.
At this moment I am getting ready to install a new TTFD that is 15 meters long and with a separation of 50 centimeters between the upper and lower wire. The terminating resistor is made from a bundle of 2 Watt carbon resistors in parallel that will provide a total resistance of 450 ohms
at about 20 Watts dissipation, and I will be using a 9 to 1 balun.
This antenna will also be used to experiment with resistors of 300, 600, 800 and 900 ohms
and different balun ratios...
My good friend CO2DC Jesus, advocates for a 6 to 1 balun and using a 350 to 390 terminating resistor, with an overall length of 20 meters and a 50 centimeters separation between upper and lower wires. He assures me that the antenna behaves very well , with a below 2 to 1 SWR
between 3.5 and 29 mHz.
If you happen to have any other articles about the TTFD ( not the Cebik ones that I already have )
please contact me to coordinate how to obtain them...
73 and DX
Arnie Coro
CO2KK

Order your WRTH 2008: