[HCDX] RCI applies to CRTC to use new frequencies at Sackville

For the first time that I recall, I see an application by the CRTC
to use new frequencies at Sackville NB for RCI/CBC Northern Service:

Sackville, New Brunswick
Application No. 2008-0567-4

Application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to amend
the licence of the shortwave radio programming undertaking CKCX Sackville, New Brunswick.

The CBC proposes to add the following three additional frequencies:

7310 kHz, 7325 kHz and 7345 kHz.

The CBC advises that the frequencies will be used a few hours a day
and only during certain months of the year.

<http://www.crtc.gc.ca/archive/ENG/Notices/2008/pb2008-39.htm>

Yes, Sackville does have the official callsign of CKCX but it is rarely
id ever used.

I wonder why the CRTC is involved here - usually only Industry Canada
is involved with regard to the frequencies used at Sackville.

You can read the actual application letter here:

<http://www.crtc.gc.ca/public/broad/applications/2008/2008-0567-4.PDF>

73,

Deane McIntyre VE6BPO

Order your WRTH 2008: