[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs February 12-15

** CANADA. Feb 14 at 0615, found harmonica album cuts on 6045; first thought of
reactivated XEXQ quickly extinguished as I realized that KBS World Radio in
Spanish to Europe via Sackville is scheduled here --- and that`s the same fill
music CD RCI used to play in snippets when they were still relaying CBC in the
mornings and had to cover local breakaway times after news on the hour. So
KBSWR feed was lost, replaced by this, which ran without announcements until
0629* RCI IS once and off. Checked subsequent KBS relays via Sackville, and
they were back to normal: 1430 in Korean on 9650; 24 hours later at 0625 Feb 15
in Spanish on 6045 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHAD. RNT, 4905, Feb 14 at 0634 check, singing and talking in Arabic?
Unseemed French; CODAR QRM. Fadeout should be getting a bit earlier as solstice
approaches (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** COLOMBIA. 5910, Feb 14 at 0639, ``Están escuchando HKI79, Marfil Estéreo,``
lively songs; lite splatter de WBOH 5920. That`s the FM callsign, HJDH being
listed in WRTH for both 5910 and 6010 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. This day`s defects at RHC: Feb 15 at 0634, found 6000, 6060 and 6180
all very undermodulated as Arnie Coro`s ``news`` update in telco-quality audio
was ending; briefly higher-fi YL announcer re-introducing him for Breakthru,
science capsule which ran only until 0640; was about CFLs imposed by the
government on every household for energy conservation and the fact that no
incandescent bulbs are made in Cuba; all must be imported. At this time, a
quick echo developed on 6000, but not on the other frequencies, making me
wonder if two transmitters/sites were running simultaneously on 6000, with
their different audio feed delays from the studio. As for the RHC undermod,
that helped reduce adjacent QRM to XEPPM 6185, so I welcomed it (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** EQUATORIAL GUINEA. 6250.0, R. Nacional, Malabo, 0602+ Feb 14 heard what
sounded like timesignal, but surely not that far off; fair with ute QRM. 0604
R. Malabo ID, frequency 6250, news. 0607 mentioned 6250 again and 20 kW power,
something about ``emisiones de prueba`` -- test transmissions; news sounders
frequently, timecheck at 7:08, news of EqG, 0611 TC for 7:12 ``hora oficial de
la República de Guinea Ecuatorial`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GERMANY [non]. In case you didn`t get my correxion to previous report, time
on the unjammed DW Amharic 15620 log was 1450, not 1350 (Glenn Hauser, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** HAWAII [and non]. Monitoring 5000, Feb 15 at 0645 I found that WWVH was on
top, then WWV, then barely audible Spanish, no doubt YVTO. Instead of
propagation info at :45 from WWVH, all I heard was 3 seconds of tone and then
only ticks until the next ID cycle before 0646 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. VOI active again, and no doubt temporarily, on 9526, Feb 16 at
1402 with Korean hour running late, brief English announcement that Korean had
ended and Indonesian was starting; that also ran late with music until 1504,
minute of deadair to 1505*. Not back on at 1530 check when they used to start
the gamelan IS and ID 6-minute loop (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** TURKEY. Checking the VOT webcast, Tue Feb 12 at 2337 allegedly also on 5960,
for possible replay of 2000`s Live from Turkey, not so, but instead Question of
the Month, and the announcer axually spelt out rather slowly Yenisehir with a
cedilla! Progress (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 5745, as I tuned across WYFR Open Forum, Feb 14 at 0642, tone
test QRM was just ending, presumably Greenville, as heard at the same hour
previously (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

Be a better friend, newshound, and

Order your WRTH 2008: