[HCDX] SIBC 5020 kHz

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry Hartley" Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subject: SIBC 5020 kHz

Hi Wolfgang,
SOLOMON ISLS  I have just checked today at 0900 UTC and they are there with
a fair signal witn local music and announcements in Pidgin. There was
annoying sideband splash from Cuba +5 kHz.

PAPUA NEW GUINEA  Quite a strong signal from Radio Light on 7325 kHz today
with a relay of the News from NBC Port Moresby, 0900-0910 UTC. However there
was an annoying Firedrake racket on 7330 kHz causing some grief.

After the NBC News, there was an announcement saying that there would be no
local voices on the station for two weeks beginning (I think) on 18
February. The reason is the station is moving studio premises and automation
is being used while the move takes place.

Also Radio New Ireland was good on 3905 kHz when I checked at 0915 UTC,
The was no sign of Vanuatu on 3945 kHz at that time.

Regards for now, Barry
(Barry Hartley-NZL, wwdxc BC-DX TopNews Feb 17)

SOLOMON ISLS 5019.93 SIBC, Honiara 1100 to 1120 UT hearing what I believe to
be the SIBC with local Cuba on 5025 jamming up the signal. 11 & 12 Feb.
(Robert Wilkner-FL-USA, wwdxc BC-DX TopNews Feb 13)

Order your WRTH 2008: