[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs March 12-14

** AUSTRALIA. RA is still annoying us by cutting off the 5-minute Perspective
commentary in the middle, such as Thursday March 13 at 1358 on 6020, over to
Waltzing Matilda as frequency is about to close, with 5995, 6080 and 7240
coming up. This also happens on 9580 but I was not quick enough to retune to
9590 this time for the rest of the commentary, nor should anyone have to.

What we do have to do is go here:
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/perspective/default.htm
and download the talx, or even read the transcripts. This is a M-F show, but it
seems RA only runs it as an expendable filler at 1355 on UT Thursdays (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHAD. RNT, 4905, March 13 at 0602 had run music past hourtop, then
announcement in non-French, perhaps Arabic but not sure of that. WRTH does not
break down their `vernacular` schedule. Constant annoying CODAR (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. Removing any doubt about whether Cuba would adopt DST to match Miami,
March 13 at 1403, on 12000, RHC with timecheck for 9:03 = UT -5, not 4. This
follows their frequency announcement always read live, and never completely
correct.

Echo once again heard on RHC 6000, March 14 at 0554, implying that two slightly
unsynchronized transmitters are running here. Not constant, but when one of
them faded a bit the echo could be heard. This and many other anomalies could
be confirmed or denied, or explained by Arnie Coro, who surely sees my reports,
but apparently does not want to get involved in a discussion with a
non-sycophant of RHC who even dares to criticize Cuban jamming (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GUATEMALA. My previous QSL report of R. Verdad, 4052.5v, has been slightly
corrected and updated. If quoting it for publication, please take the latest
version which will be in upcoming DXLD 8-034 (Glenn Hauser)

** NIGERIA. DST gets me to monitor 60m an hour earlier late at night, including
4770 FRCN Kaduna. March 13 at 0600 I noted that the 3+1 timesignal was 3
seconds slow compared to WWV; then news in English. March 14 at 0600, it was
more like one second slow, after drumming and theme music (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** RUSSIA [and non]. GTRK Petropavlovsk/K, 6075, March 13 at 1400 timesignal
was 3.5 seconds behind WWV; standard remark. And no 8GAL on 6074.

One minute later at 1401 March 13, checked 6020 for YFR via Samara once
AUSTRALIA [q.v.] had closed. Yes, YFR IS and opening listed Telugu,
undermodulated. Heavy flutter this time, and about the same flutter on 6225 YFR
via Dushanbe, TAJIKISTAN, Harold Camping in English about Hillary; both
longpath (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. Further proof that one must constantly monitor WBCQ to be sure one`s
program airs as scheduled: Knowing they had new WOR 1399 the night before for
airing on 17495, I did not bother to check Thursday March 13 until 2345 on
7415, and Goddess Irina was still ``singing``! So I phoned them to enquire;
seems there was an error on the log, but then the op started WOR 20 minutes
late at 2350 and said it would play through to conclusion. The audio was
somewhat muffled, apparently having been dubbed onto a cassette in need of
cleaning, alignment, or new heads (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Order your WRTH 2008: