[HCDX] Mediumwave database for Perseus users

Dear fans of SDRs,

top up-to-date frequency lists as eibi and the Nagoya list
are available for shortwave. Mediumwave has been a gap so far, regarding electronic lists.

But not any longer!

I got the permission from Herman Boel to use his excellent EMWG list as
basis for creating a database, which should be expanded to worldwide
coverage, with the help of DXers worldwide.

Before telling details I would like to point out that the distribution
of the EMWG pdf-version will still be handled solely by Herman Boel.
This reference for mediumwave DXers is available at
http://www.emwg.info/

Herman will remain responsible for content of EMWG as well as for the
European part of the new Excel database, which will be mainly focussed
on Perseus users.

The file offers the following options:

1) frequency is set in Perseus by double clicking an entry
2) stations are shown in Perseus window
3) calculation of sunrise- and sunset times at tx and rx location for
any date you choose
4) calculation of distance between tx and rx location
5) calculation of antenna direction (azimuth)

Preconditon for above calculations (3-5) are the geographical
coordinates of tx locations. By own enquiries and the help of Wolfgang
Büschel (tnx!) more than 200 entries could be georeferenced already.

For a start I merged the existing data with the Nagoya
list to one userlist. As soon as Perseus can handle more than
the three lists hfcc, eibi and userlist, the AM list should be
separated. An according wish was sent to Nico, as well as a request for
a scrollable station window.
As on AM much more stations are active on one frequency than on
shortwave, this makes sense.

Now to the question "How do I get this list?"

Simply by cooperation, it's free of charge! The project is so huge that
a single person cannot collect all data. Just look on the AM frequency
pages of the WRTH, plus schedules and coordinates, and you see what I mean.
Just combining existing data will only be possible when all contributors
use a fixed format.

So everybody who wants to contribute is asked to send me a private mail
and will then get
a) a part of EMWG where only geographical coordinates have to be added, or
b) a frequency, where active stations have to be entered into a
preformatted Excel sheet.
You should anticipate some hours of work.

As soon as I received a contribution and added it to the database, the
cooperator in question will receive all data available at that point of
time.

So in the first instance the European geographical data should be completed and the North American stations should be added. As this project is planned as a work in progress over a long period of time, I hope we achieve a steadily growing database, reflecting knowledge and effort of many.

Credit notes:
I have to thank the following DXers who helped to come to the recent
status of the AM list:
Herman Boel (EMWG)
Tony Ward (SR/SS calculation)
Wolfgang, OE1MWW (Perseus tuning via Excel)
David Salomon (Eibi format tool)
Wolfgang Büschel (geogr. coordinates)

vy 73,
Willi Passmann, DJ6JZ