[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs March 17-20

** COLOMBIA [and non]. Marfil Estéreo, 5910, underneath Russian at 0534 March
20, and making a low het with it. That`s DW via Rampisham scheduled at
0500-0630, 48 degrees (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** COSTA RICA. REE relay, 9675, March 20 at 0530, with semi-hour timesignal,
ID, and // 5964. Another frequency which has not yet stepped down a kHz (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. DST of UT -4 started here March 16; Arnie ``sounds like a phone-in``
Coro mentioned this in a news item at 0529 UT March 19 on 6000, as happening
``this past weekend`` to save energy, etc., (rather than to catch up with the
USA which went on DST a week before). March 30 had been the expected change
date for Cuba at timeanddate.com but they have already corrected that to March
16 at 0500 UT. This should have no effect on RHC UT scheduling, except possibly
some domestic programs relayed such as Mesa Redonda. There`s a time check every
day at 1402 UT on multiple RHC frequencies such as 12000; last week they said
it was 9:02 am; on March 19 they said it was 10:02 am.

But what about Radio Rebelde? On March 16 I went looking for the mid-day
broadcast which I figured would now start at 1600 UT = local noon, but no sign
of it on any of the previously monitored frequencies, 17735, 17555, 15570,
15370, 13750, 11655. EiBi and Aoki can`t agree on which ones start at 1600 or
1630 or 1700. 17735 is occupied anyway by CRI Sackville until 1700, and 17555
has WYFR from 1700.

Checked again and again, around 1630, 1700, 1730, 1800 but no trace of any
activity from Rebelde during these hours when plenty of transmitters are
available, the break between RHC`s morning and afternoon programming. I did not
scan all bands thoroly, however, in case frequencies other than the above be
used. So is this service closed? (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1400, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. Yet another complaint against the DentroCuban Jamming Command: March
17 at 0546, I found rapid clix like ``Geiger counter`` peaking at several
places in the 10 MHz area, approx.: 10120, 10065, 10010, 9905, 9845, 9790. Note
these are 50-60 kHz apart, centered around: 9955! Where there was heavy jamming
against WRMI, but this jamming was the usual roar, not the Geiger counter; it
also extended a little further away from 9955 than usual. Therefore, I think
these are spurs from the jammers on 9955.

BTW, there should have been no jamming on 9955 at this hour since the program
scheduled is: Studio DX, the Italian DX program by Robert Scaglione! That`s UT
Monday at 0530-0600; however, on UT Saturday and Sunday, Radio República is on
9955 at 0500-0700, per the grid at http://www.wrmi.net/images/wrmichart.xls
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** HONDURAS. Once again, 3340 with open carrier instead of HRMI programming,
March 20 at 0532 check (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MOROCCO. 15345, very undermodulated talk in Arabic, March 17 at 2006; no
comparison with audio on 15315 Bonaire, for instance. This must be RTVM, as in
EiBi, tho it hides out from HFCC, as does RAE Argentina, which did not even
figure as a het at this time (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ZAMBIA. 9430, March 17 at 0544, interview in English about status of women
in India; interviewer had Oz accent, so it must be Zambia! Yes, CVC scheduled
from Lusaka at 05-06 on 9430, 315 degrees, headed our way beyond West Africa.
Good signal (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Order your WRTH 2008: