[HCDX] WIMA DX Test Final Report

WIMA DX Test Final Report

     After a weekend of tests from a trio of "West of the Rockies" stations,
we returned to the Midwest for a test from the ever-popular WIMA in Lima,
Ohio. Their fine rig got out quite well and but them in logbooks from Oregon
to Vermont. Here's the list of those who have thus far reported or
tentatively reported hearing the test:

Roy Barstow - Old Cape Cod, MA
Saul Chernos - Toronto, ON
Steve Francis - Alcoa, TN
Scott Fybush - Rochester, NY
Dave Hochfelder - Albany, NY
Steve Howe - Saint Albans, VT
Tom Jasinski - Shorewood, IL
Joe Miller - Troy, MI
Willis Monk - Old Fort, TN
Nigel Pimblett - Dunmore, AB
Steve Ratzlaff - NE Oregon
Curtis Sadowski - Paxton, IL
Brett Saylor - State College, PA
George Sherman - Minnesota
J.D. Stephens - Hampton Cove, AL
Joe Wozniak - St. Louis, MO
Mark ? - Markham, ON
Herb ? - Hudson Valley, NY
Shawn ? - Winnipeg, MB

     In keeping with the latest craze to take over our hobby, quite a few
veteran DXers heard the test on their new "Ultra-Light Radios," thus
presenting a new challenge and achievement for them.

     Thanks to everyone who tried for the test, and congratulations to those
who logged it.

     And a very special thank you to Fred Vobbe and the engineering crew at
WIMA for their special efforts on behalf of DXers and radio hobbyists.
You've gone the extra mile and we are indeed grateful.

     Be sure to try for the upcoming CFFX test - a special event since the
test will take place during the last few hours this station will be on the
AM band. When they're gone . they're gone!

     Remember to keep checking the DXTESTS.INFO Web site frequently and
listen to the BTC Podcasts for news and late-breaking developments.

Jim Pogue
IRCA/NRC Joint Broadcast Test Committee Coordinator
Memphis, TN

Order your WRTH 2008: