[HCDX] HCDX logs between 2008-05-19 0000 UTC and 2008-05-20 0000 UTC

[HCDX] HCDX logs between 2008-05-19 0000 UTC and 2008-05-20 0000 UTC

Hard-Core-DX.com logs from 2008-05-19 0000 UTC to 2008-05-20 0000 UTC

Please visit http://log.hard-core-dx.com/ for the real time logs
and to submit your logs to the HCDX Online Log.

   Oceania

   2368.5 May 17         -         Australia: Radio Symban. NEW STATION. This
   has now been confirmed as the one. Initially we were hearing a test
   broadcast which explains the lack of announcements, and the transmitter was
   only fired up about 4 hours before I caught it at 0945 on Saturday 17 May.
   Programming now includes IDs and advertisements. It has been confirmed that
   it is running 1000 watts into a 20m high antenna at Peats Ridge, about 60km
   north of Sydney. Reception reports will currently be verified via email only
   to symban@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and the subject line must be "Reception
   Report". You can include an MP3 file of your reception to aid in confirming
   reception. Thanks to John Wright for managing to contact them and get those
   details. Monitoring with a professional setup - someone from the ACMA -
   gives it as running a fraction low on 2368.465 kHz. (Richard Jary, Sydney
   NSW Australia). Richary

For more information please email risto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx