[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs May 23-25, 2008

[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs May 23-25, 2008

** ARGENTINA [and non]. Re previous report: May 23 at 2001 found a fluxuating subaudible heterodyne, every few seconds oscillating from 0 to maybe 10 Hz, which means at least one of the two transmitters here is unstable, and we bet it`s RAE, which at least has managed to almost match Morocco, a feat in itself. Just traces of French and Arabic audio, respectively. Earlier this week RAE was as much as 280 Hz low (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) WTFK??? 15345, I hope most realized, as nobody has asked, but I am guilty of omitting it (gh)

** CHINA. Still no Firedrake almost a week after it went off, presumably for the 3-day quake mourning period. Sunday May 25, FE propagation was good, so found Chinese talk and programming, presumably CNR-1 jamming instead as follows, targets derived from Aoki:

15795 at 1253, over All India Radio, in Chinese. Certainly not a friendly neighbor. What does China have to fear from India?

15465 at 1255, Chinese recitation and singing. This may have been RTI in Chinese as also heard recently, but listed as jammed. What I heard did not seem // the CHR1`s.

15255 at 1253 // 15795, VOA Chinese via Tinang.

14410 at 1332, CNR1, running a bit ahead of otherwise // 12040. On 14410 it`s against Sound of Hope via Taiwan.

12040 at 1330, CNR1, VG over VOA Chinese via Tinang.

BTW, this was during a local power outage, not related to the tornados elsewhere in Garfield County yesterday, altho the fact that it took OG&E two sesquihours to repair it may have been. This reduced the line noise level but did not eliminate it, as I tuned on battery power (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [and non]. RHC, 13760, May 25 at 1332 over co-channel QRM with a SAH, which must be V. of Korea to Europe: Commies vs Commies. Am I enjoying this too much? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. KOKP, 1020, Perry OK, checked because a tornado was bearing down on the town, May 24 at 2355 --- heard just the tail end of annoying NWS attention tones as it went back to stupid sportstalk. At least they presumably got some government warning on, but not important enough to person the station locally (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WRMI, 9955, better than usual, F-G at 2113 May 23, no jamming, as Overnight AM about Mars missions was about to pause for break; guest has website http://www.drsky.com where we see has also appeared on C2CAM. Do NOT go to doctorsky.com, a ripoff paid link site combining night sky with weight loss! Jeff White says WRMI still hasn`t finished fixing up their NAm antenna (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WHRI 11785 with Hmong Lao Radio, Sunday May 25 at 1326 was accompanied by very distorted // spur around 11793, plus some pulsing noises periodically. There was some QRM to DGS on 11775, but it did not sound the same, and could not pin it down to 11777 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. The 1809.4 kHz spur I heard twice around 0630 but was not able to ID, is KREW, 1400, Plainview TX, according to Bob Gill, K5BG who first reported this intruder into the 160m hamband (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

Order your WRTH 2008: