[HCDX] new day log

Nice signals tonight. There's not much on; but what is on, at least I can hear it.

Spain, 6055, Radio Exterior Espana, 0001-0030, Missed the opening ID, but caught everything following that which consisted of English language news presented by a female and male. Much news about Spain. At 0008, a canned ID in English as, "you are tuned to Radio Exterior Espana". Cuba, broadcasting on 6060 KHz, interferes with the listening of Spain with it's splatter. But
Spain still at good level.  (Chuck Bolland, July 11, 2008)

India, 4920, All India Radio, (Chennai), pres, 0022-0035, Noted a female in Hindi language comments for a minute, then at 0023, music present mixed with more talk. Later a male person joins in with comments. This continues during the period with a fair signal. (Chuck
Bolland, July 11, 2008)

Angola, 4949.77, Radio Nacional, 0032-0050, At tune in, noted music, a mixture of non-descript and Hilife music. By 0038 no comments heard from anyone yet. However, by 0042, a male comments in Portuguese language. The signal was at a poor level. Notice the frequency being off by 23 Hertz. This isn't what I recall from other loggings. Usually the transmitter is right on 4950 KHz. (Chuck Bolland, July 11, 2008)

I am sitting on 4865 (0045 UTC) waiting to hear Radio Logos from Bolivia. I am probably the only PERSON in the entire world that hasn't heard Radio Logos yet? I can hear something there, but it could be just my imagination? I criticized a friend the other day for wasting his time fishing and here I am doing about the same thing.
He at least catches something.

Clewiston, Florida (WHERE THE FISHING IS GREAT!)
NRD545

Order your WRTH 2008: