Re: [HCDX] Wed DX Am

Chuck,
As the "number one" dxer in Florida, I hope that you stay with tropical dxing!
Bob

ka4prf@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Peru, 6019.42, Radio Victoria, 0845-0859,  This freq is usually clear
of any interference before 0900 so that Radio Victoria can be heard
easily. Today was not exception. I tuned in at 0845 and heard a female in Spanish language comments until 0849 when a male joined her. Unfortunately, could not catch the topic being discussed due to fading and weak signal. During the period however, the signal did improve slightly to a fair level but immediately dropped back to poor.
At the top of the hour, Australia came on the air blocking everything.
(Chuck Bolland, August 13, 2008)

Bolivia, 4699.33, Radio San Miguel, 0910-0920, Initially noted music over extreme noise until 0914. At that time brief live Spanish comments from a male, then I believe canned promos from a female.
Signal fades into the noise at 0917 and doesn't get any better that
threshold after that.  (Chuck Bolland, August 13, 2008)

Brazil, 4905.14, Radio Anhanguera, (pres), 0940-0950 Another weak station due to noise and fading. Noted a period of Bras music with occasional Portuguese language comments by a male. Also,
heard canned promos intermedieateanly.  Signal was poor to threshold.
(Chuck Bolland, August 13, 2008)

Indonesia, 4750, RRI Makassar, 1000-1010 At tune in, noted a female in Indo language comments - very brief. Then a religious program of possibly the Qu'ran recited by a male. Signal was poor
but seemed to be fading in gradually.  (Chuck Bolland, August 13, 2008)

I read the Tropical Band Trends in DXLD, produced by Anker Petersen of DSWCI, and I think the time has come for many of us to start thinking about another hobby. But I don't think there is a better hobby than Dxing eventhough it was much better 20 years ago. Things may change for the better in the future, who knows?

Clewiston, Florida
NRD545

Order your WRTH 2008: