[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs August 13, 2008

[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs August 13, 2008

** AFGHANISTAN [non]. R. Solh, 17700, via Rampisham UK, making it here weakly Aug 13 at 1459; familiar piece of music still being interrupted for a few seconds at hourtop, and then starting another piece (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. O o, here I go, about to be accused again of bashing RHC, but there would be less to bash if it would at least get its own act together: Aug 13 at 2028 I was listening to 11750 concluding the Portuguese service clearly announcing the frequency as 17750 in the 16m band! I believe I have noted the same repeatedly months before.

Someone please tell the announcer what frequencies they are on! In this case, it even shows correctly on website at
http://www.radiohc.cu/espanol/frecuencia/frecuencias-espanol.htm

Tho that page has yet to make the 6180/6140 correxion, nor the 9550-11805/15120-15360 correxion which happened this week.

At 2029, 11750 into Arabic, // weaker 11805. Meanwhile, 11760 did not switch from French to English until 2030, and // 9505 was missing --- but then, the 2030-2130 English has always been entirely missing from the station`s own schedule above! (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** EQUATORIAL GUINEA. Aug 13 at 1505 found an open carrier on 15190, by 1515 peaking at S9+8 and then I could detect some undermodulation vs high local noise level. From intonation could well be American preacher in English, i.e. R. Africa. This was last reported by several lucky listeners on July 4, so maybe making another appearance, even if for only one day or one week. Others may have better luck later today in identifying it for sure. Nothing else is on the schedules here, which is rather remarkable, as other stations could easily move onto this frequency which is open most of the time, and R. Africa doesn`t even bother to register it with HFCC. I did not recheck until 2008 UT, and nothing on 15190 then. Nor have I seen any replies to my quickly-posted original report (Glenn Hauser, OK,, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GERMANY [non]. On 15690, Aug 13 at 1501, news in Russian about Georgia, etc. Could be VOA --- oops, no it couldn`t since VOA management just cancelled all the Russian broadcasts! After all, America has nothing to say to Russia these days! It`s really Deutsche Welle via Rampisham. Hmmm, Radio Rossii is also coincidentally scheduled on same frequency at same time, but no sign of co-channel QRM (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. VOI, 11784.9, het audible against Firedrake Wed Aug 13 at 1359; Firedrake went off a few seconds past 1400, leaving weak VOI in the clear, mentioning Malaysia, so I suppose the language during this hour is really Malay instead of Indonesian. If they are going to stay on 11784.9 instead of 9526, now it`s time to lobby for putting English at 1400 instead of 1300, equally hoping that propagation will improve during the same hour (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

Order your WRTH 2008: