[HCDX] late morning DX Thru

China, 12040, Firedrake (pres), 1222-1236+ Noted Chinese music here sounding somewhat like Firedrake and what I was hearing on 11785 KHz a littler earlier. If this is Firedrake, possibly it is on this freq to block VOA's Mandarin broadcast which EIBI says is up between 1100 to 1300 UTC. However, after listening for a few minutes, this music does not sound like the "out of control" Firedrake I normally hear. It sounds more like Chinese Elevator or "in a Chinese dentist's chair" music - rather soothing? There were no breaks or comments. Signal was fair. (Chuck Bolland, August 14, 2008)

Clewiston, Florida
NRD545

Order your WRTH 2008: