[HCDX] Thursday DX

Taiwan, 6085, Radio Taiwan International, 0955-1000  Audible only
a short time. Noted a female in Chinese language comments.  As I
listened, I could hear Firedrake starting to just fade in slightly under
RTI.   Noted a parallel signal from RTI on 6150 KHz and I believe
Firedrake was there too? On the hour, WYFR came on the air blocking 6085 KHz. Both 6085 and 6150 were poor. (Chuck
Bolland, August 21, 2008)

UNIDENT, 6104.72, 1006-1050 At tune in heard a steady stream of canned promos in the Portuguese language. At 1009 Brazilian religious music presented.briefly. This was followed with live Portuguese comments by a male. These were obviously religious since heard words like: "Gloria" "Hallelujah". Again at 1014 music presented. Signal was poor. I originally called this Radio Filadelfia from Brazil,
but the way certain stations broadcast to their neighbors sometimes
in South America, I decided to change this to an Unident.  Checking
back at 1050, there was not signal on the freq, so my first assumption
that this was Brazil, may have been correct since Brazil would have
probably faded away by now. But still leaving it as an Unident. (Chuck Bolland, August 21, 2008)

Bolivia, 6134.80, Radio Santa Cruz, 1022-1030   Noted canned
promos and a canned ID by a female "...Santa Cruz..." immediately
at tune in.  At 1025 live Spanish comments from a male. Mentioned
the phrase "... numero ventiquatro (24) ...".  Believe he was referring
to a language lesson that would be studied this morning?   Radio Santa
Cruz is always a surprise whenever it's heard here. Some days it's barely audible while others it is at armchair quality. I often wonder if they are increasing power on different days for some reason, or maybe the conditions change so dramatically from day to day? I do not notice this phenomena from other stations that I listen for regularly. Today
RSC was good.  (Chuck Bolland, August 21, 2008)

New Zealand, 7145, Radio New Zealand International, 1033-1045
Noted individuals discussing the Olympics and the results of the medal
awards so far in English.  Some fading, but overall the signal was good.
(Chuck Bolland, August 21, 2008)

China, 6115, Voice of Strait, 1055-1105  With a steady stream of live
Chinese comments from both male and female personages. On the hour time ticks followed brief comments then music. Signal was poor.
(Chuck Bolland, August 21, 2008)

China, 7280, Firedrake, 1100-1115 I had thought that this freq was a parallel freq for the Voice of the Strait on 6115, but hearing a strong
transmission here from Firedrake, I am completely confused(??)  The
Firedrake broadcast started on the hour. Previously this freq was clear. Just a brief comment: I can hear a weak broadcast under Firedrake, but can't determine who it might be? (Chuck Bolland, August 21, 2008)

Clewiston, Florida
NRD545

http://www.orchidcitysoftware.com/IMAGE59.HTML

"We're done here!"