[HCDX] Varactor-Tuned Loop Antennas

    I finally completed the work that I have been doing on a simple
varactor-tuned loop antenna with interchangeable antenna elements.  The
documentation is available at:

    http://tinyurl.com/6lht4y

    A little more work needs to be done here as the inductance of the
transformers is limiting the high end of the tuning range.  However, the
results obtained at this point show that the sensitivity is far better than
I had anticipated, and together with the very good S/N performance this
design rivals the performance my earlier active loop antenna that was
published in QEX back in 2003.

    Corrections and constructive comments are always appreciated.

Chris

     ,----------------------.       High Performance Mixers and
    /    What's all this     \    Amplifiers for RF Communications
   / extinct stuff, anyhow?  /
   \  _______,--------------'           Chris Trask / N7ZWY
  _ |/                                  Principal Engineer
 oo\                                  Sonoran Radio Research
(__)\       _                             P.O. Box 25240
  \  \    .'  `.                     Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
    \  '"        \                 IEEE Senior Member #40274515
      '-| )__| :.  \              Email: christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        | |  | | \  '.       http://www.home.earthlink.net/~christrask

                       Graphics by Loek Frederiks

Order your WRTH 2008: