[HCDX] Peru - late logging

Peru, 5039.25, Radio Libertad, 1048-1105, Was very surprised to hear this at this late time. At tune in, noted Huaynos and other types of music. As the time slides away, so does the signal with it fading into the noise and then popping up again. At the end of the song, a male in brief Spanish Language comments. This followed with more music. Sunrise is schedule in Fort Myers which is 100 miles west of me, for 1058 UTC, so we are definitely in the "gray zone"at the present time here in Clewiston, but only for a couple more minutes. At 1100 other noisy stuff starts clogging the frequency covering over Libertad's signal, which was poor to nil anyway during the period. Signal is almost
gone for the day at 1104 UTC.  (Chuck Bolland, August 28, 2008)

Clewiston, Florida
NRD545

Order your WRTH 2008: