[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[HCDX] Micro DXpedition Loggings
- To: <rlcw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <anker.petersen@xxxxxxx>, <lyamron@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <srbjrswl@xxxxxxxxx>, <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <cumbredx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <kirk74601@xxxxxxxxx>, "Nicolas Eramo" <neramo@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [HCDX] Micro DXpedition Loggings
- From: "Dave Valko" <djvalko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:31:47 -0400
- Authentication-results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx designates 184.108.40.206 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: Hard-Core-DX Email List <hard-core-dx.hard-core-dx.com>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://montreal.kotalampi.com/mailman/listinfo/hard-core-dx>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://montreal.kotalampi.com/mailman/options/hard-core-dx>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Sender: hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Decided to try a micro DXpedition last evening even though I wasn't
expecting condtions to be very favorable. Turned out it wasn't too bad for
LA. Unfortunately it was quite noisy. Used an Eton E1 and 315 foot BOG at
180 degrees. Here is what was heard.
BRAZIL 9685.3 R. Gazeta (tent.) Mainly just a carrier here at 2220.
There may have been a little audio but hard to tell. QRM from 9680. (29
UNID. 9674.75 Carrier here at 2223. Not the ZY as it was on 9675. (29
BRAZIL 9645.23 R. Bandierantes 2226 tlk by 2 men in PT. Some laughing.
Ment of Sao Paulo, R. Bras, bon dia. Took phone callers. Time ticks on
ToH, promo, then nice full canned ID w/freqs by M. Could just barely here
the //6090 under Anguilla. (29 August)
BRAZIL 6134.95 R. Aparecida 2235 pres. Voz do Brasil pgm w/tlk by M and W
in PT. Simple Aparecida ID promo at 2304. Time ticks at 2305, and W w/ID.
Good and strong at first but Santa Cruz QRM below gradually getting worse.
//much weaker 9629.95. (29 August)
BRAZIL 5980.55 R. Guaruja Nice signal and clear at 2239 w/Voz do Brasil,
M and W and actualities, // to others carrying Voz do Brasil. 2249 ad
block. Seemed like own nx after 2256, then full canned ID by M at 2259.
UNID. 5005 UNID. Bata?? Dance mx at 2246. Gone at 2302 check. Weak
modulation but strong signal. (29 August)
UGANDA 4975.96 R. Uganda Apparently still on w/mx at 2247. QRM from
4974.77 ZY. (29 August)
BRAZIL 6105 R. Cancao Nova 2252 w/Voz do Brasil pgm // to others
including own 9675. (29 August)
BRAZIL 6000 R. Guaiba (pres.) Tlk by M in definite PT at 2309
w/actuality, so prob. nx pgm. Just too weak and too much slop QRM. (29
PERU 4857.41 R. La Hora (pres.) 2315 M anncr sounding like SP w/what
appeared to be a remote. Tlk by M and W at 2339 w/bird SFX briefly. Still
going at 2352 w/M in SP and long live remote. Still going and QRMed at 0002
check, but gone when I checked at 0008. Noisy on the tropical bands.
SURINAM 4990 R. Apintie (pres.) Long tlk by M in Sranan Tonga at 2323.
Drums at 2326, W briefly, sounded like an ID over Pop mx at 2327. M and W
at 2329. (29 August)
PERU 5486.6 R. Reina de la Selva (pres.) 2332 strong signal but almost no
modulation. Was able to hear M tlking in SP though. Would be easy if it
was modulated at 100%. Gone by 2352 check. (29 August)
PERU 5470.68 R. San Nicolas (pres.) 2334 Definite LA Pop mx w/drums
prominent. Short canned echo anmnt at 0022 check. (29-30 August)
PERU 5460.46 R. Bolivar 2335 Also in here w/mx and just a bit weaker than
San Nicolas. Still playing some lively LA Pops at 0009 check, M anncr at
0012 w/long anmnt, then what seemed like deadair. (29-30 August)
BOLIVIA 3390.15 R. Emis. Camargo (very tent.) Definite signal here at
2348 and what certainly sounded like mx. Still in at 0004. Even the sync
locked on it. Will take an exception CP opening to log this. (29-30
BANGLADESH 4750 R. Bangladesh Shocked to hear the usual IS at 2359.
Poss. M anncr at 0000, and mx bridge. Very weak amid QRM but definitely
there. It was actually a poor subcontinental evening. (29-30 August)
PERU 4835.4 R. Maranon Nice ID while tuning through at 0028. Strong.
Order your WRTH 2008:
Hard-Core-DX mailing list
THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE IS FREE. It may be copied, distributed
and/or modified under the conditions set down in the Design Science License
published by Michael Stutz at