[HCDX] Logs

Not very much logged this week because a recent thunderstorm virtually destroyed my 60-ft. sloper.  Using a small longwire until I can get a new sloper up.

6020  AUSTRALIA  1220-1300  One of seven freqs used by R. Australia during 1200-1300 for its As and Oc service.  6020 was weak but quite readable altho with fading.  Checked all six  //'s  9475, 9560, 9580, 9590, 11880,  11945.  As usual, 9580 was booming in while 11880 was the only one inaudible.  Others were weak.

6190  SERBIA  Tuned in at 0006 during nx by yl who ended with a story about a new Monopoly game using Belgrade landmarks.  Then usual multiple ID with "This is the international radio of Serbia.  Stay tuned"  repeated several times. Sign-off at 0029.

7440  UKRAINE  0015-0100  Radio Ukraine International. Excelent signal. Tuned in to 'Famous Ukrainians' followed by 'Closeup' which ended at 0057.  Sign-off announcements giving freq, address, e-mail, etc.

7811 (usb)  USA  AFRTS from Key West.  0800  AP Radio News followed by 'Sports Minute' and at 0811 they ran a psa advising against the use of pot.  Then sports call-in show. Brdcst started strong but fading quickly   made it unreadable. Tuned out at 0835.

12135  MOLDOVA  PMR Pridnestrovye  1615-1630 EG commentray about various war heros from Moldova and Ukraine. At 1627 began s/o announcements with ID and address for PMR in Moldova.

Sorry there's nothing exciting.  Maybe the new sloper will set me free when I can get it up.

73,
Bruce Barker, Broomall, PA.  Using a NRD 535D and a 30' longwire.  Please stop laughing.

Order your WRTH 2008: