To: "DXLD" <dxld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "HCDX" <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2008 3:32 AM
Subject: [HCDX] RTE Hurling / and Football live coverage in DRM mode

Automutilation. Unbelievable toy.
What a waste of energy in Woofferton, I guess less than ten people over all
will listen to the DRM hurling finale in Europe in total ...  wb

Subject: Re: [BDXC-UK] RTÉ Radio to broadcast on shortwave on 7 and 21
September

Hi Wolfie,
Info as below, I have just come to the site to find out for you!

7295 1300-1700 MEY 290degr AM
9850 1530-1700 WOF 160degr DRM
11695 1500-1700 MEY 335degr AM
11715 1300-1600 WOF 102degr DRM
11960 1500-1700 MEY 100degr AM

All RTE English, Sunday 7 Sept only.
[We have no info about 21st yet]

All times GMT. Target Middle East
73 Dave G4OYX
Sen Tx Eng WOF

We look forward to the dx reports!

IRELAND [non]. RTE RADIO TO BROADCAST ON SHORTWAVE, 7, 21 SEPTEMBER

http://blogs.rnw.nl/medianetwork/rte-radio-to-broadcast-on-shortwave-on-7-and-21-september )

RTE Radio 1 will bring live commentary of Sunday's All-Ireland Hurling final
between Waterford and Kilkenny and the All-Ireland Football final between
Kerry and Tyrone on 21 September to GAA fans worldwide using various
broadcasting technologies.

In Ireland, fans will be able to hear live commentary of on RTE Radio 1 on
FM, LW 252, online at RTE.ie, via NTL and Sky television and on DAB digital
radio in Dublin, Cork and Limerick.

In the UK, RTE Radio 1 will broadcast live commentary on LW 252, online at
RTE.ie, via satellite (Hotbird and Eurobird), cable television and on
Freesat.

Throughout the rest of Europe, fans can hear RTE Radio 1's live commentary
via RTE.ie, LW 252, satellite and DRM trials. Frequencies: 11715 kHz until
1330, 9850 kHz from 1330 to 1500 UT.

In Africa, and as far as Southern Asia, RTE Radio 1 will broadcast live
commentary from 1300-1500 UTC on both 7 and 21 September as follows:

To West of Central Africa: 11695 kHz
To East of Central Africa: 11960 kHz
To Southern Africa: 7295 kHz

GAA fans in countries such as the United States, Canada and Australia
can hear RTE Radio 1's live commentary via http://RTE.ie and
satellite.
(Source: RTE) (September 5th, 2008 - 14:21 UTC by Andy Sennitt, Media
Network blog via DXLD Sept 7)

Will the accent on the E work as an URL? (gh)
4 comments so far
1 ruud September 5th, 2008 - 16:07 UTC

"Throughout the rest of Europe, fans can hear RTE Radio 1's live commentary
via RTE.ie, LW 252, satellite and DRM trials. Frequencies: 11715 kHz until
1330, 9850 kHz from 1330-1500 UT"

Fans who are tuned to 9850 and 11715 will hear sshhhshhhggggshh. I bet for a
bottle of good wine that this has been decided by a RTE employee who has a
DRM receiver himself. Is the Africa coverage also in DRM?

2 Andy Sennitt September 5th, 2008 - 16:15 UTC As far I am aware, the Africa
coverage will be in analogue.

3 Paul Rawdon September 5th, 2008 - 19:26 UTC Will they be using their own
transmitters for shortwave of buying time off shore?

4 Andy Sennitt September 5th, 2008 - 20:25 UTC RTE does not have any
shortwave transmitters of its own. No doubt one of the shortwave enthusiasts
reading this will tell us what the sites are (ibid.)

Order your WRTH 2008:

published by Michael Stutz at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/dsl.html

Order your WRTH 2008: