[HCDX] Logs for Al Muick 08 October

QTH: Kabul Afghanistan
RX:  WinRadio G303e
Ant: 100m longwire

Not too  much to report, folks.  Slow evening so I was trying out the new
Samsung 40" LCD TV and watching some DiVX movies.  I can heartily recommend
two new horror films:  Feast II - Sloppy Seconds, and The Midnight Meat
Train with Vinnie Jones.  Two severed thumbs up for both of them.  Anyway on
to my meager offerings:

7205 CLAN, IBC Tamil Radio, Heard with excellent signals and rapid-fire
Tamil talk by YL at 0015 on Oct. 8.  Long, talks w/very little music until
last ten mins of program  and s/off at 0100.  Not sure why this is a
clandestine.  Programming is very commercial and it appears to be a part of
the IBC broadcast network in the UK.  BTW, their website is under
construction, but you can still listen live.  WRTH email addy is correct,
however don't send your emails until at least 0900 UK local time as the
mailbox gets full overnight and your letter will be kicked back.

12025  INDIA, AIR heard at 1710 on Oct. 8 in Hindi with OM/YL talks and
modern music.  Audio was horrible!  The proverbial crap sandwich of the
airwaves.  Signal was not overmodulated, just the audio was extremely
distorted.  I can't believe no one is paying attention to the audio.  Surely
someone in Master Control must be monitoring this.  Good sigs but moderate
QSB.

The "weekend" starts this evening, so more DX will be had!

73s de Al Muick

"Personal Service will never go out of fashion, but it's getting a
heck of a lot harder to find!"
 - PT King, Author - Publisher

Order your WRTH 2008: