Re: [HCDX] Logs from Colorado

On 9-Oct-08, at 1:42 PM, Eike Bierwirth wrote:

Dear all,

I finally start to get settled in the U.S. I work and live now in Boulder, Colorado. Jet lag is over and the receiver has been put to use finally! So here are my first AM logs.

First, one UNID - I search WRN websites for a hint, but R Netherlands is not scheduled at this hour. Any ideas as to who would relay their programming?

540 kHz, 8 Oct 2008, 0705 UTC. Radio Netherlands in English with a report about -- guess what -- economy. Positive ID. Heard rather well after CBC closed down at 0700. SINPO 43423, with some station with Latin-American music in the background (32432).

This would still be CBK-540 - the CBC stations no longer sign off overnight, but
carry R. Netherlands and other WRN programming overnight

The station with Latin-American music could well be XEWA-540 Mexico.

73,

Deane McIntyre VE6BPO

Order your WRTH 2008: