Re: [HCDX] Weather report from New Zealand possibly?

Re: [HCDX] Weather report from New Zealand possibly?

Hi Chuck

I suspect you heard our VMW from our neighbours in Australia.

http://www.bom.gov.au/info/marine/marpamp.shtml

Scroll down towards the bottom of the page and you will see VMW
and another page with broadcast schedules and frequencies
http://www.bom.gov.au/marine/voice_services.shtml

The New Zealand Marine Station weather broadcast details can be found on the Met Service website
http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/index.php?alias=highfrequencyservicestxt

Cheers
Mark Nicholls
Editor
NZ DX Times
New Zealand Radio DX League
http://www.radiodx.com

New Zealand (Tent), 6230, Weather Warning, 1005-1015 Noted a male broadcasting
weather reports for South Pacific and surrounding areas.  Broadcast seemed
to be live.  At the end he said, "this is the End of transmission from ZMW."
which was at 1015. Not sure of the first letter of the callsign. It could be a
"B" or "D".  The weather reports were for the New Zealand and Australia area.
The mode of the signal was USB. Signal was fair. (Chuck Bolland, October 12, 2008)

Clewiston, Florida
NRD545

Order your WRTH 2008:

published by Michael Stutz at