[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs October 21-22, 2008

[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs October 21-22, 2008

** AFGHANISTAN [non]. Yes, R. Solh, 17700 via UK, has definitely changed their music schedule after well over a year playing exactly the same tunes at exactly the same time every day, obviously from a single master recording or automation setup. The skipping/sticking CD which ran every day at 1346-1349 is no longer the case. Oct 22 I listened from 1339 to 1400, and familiar but different music keeps playing thru the former stick zone, altho there is an abrupt cutoff of one piece and startup of another at 1348. Good reception in the last few days of this transmission (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. VOI, day 7 on 9526, Oct 21 at 1332 with Indonesian Wonder show about the hitting-the-broom tradition in central Maluku; 1337 Let`s Speak Bahasa Indonesia Thru Song. Continued good reception.

Also day 8, Oct 22 at 1322 with commentary on the impact of the global economic crisis on Indonesian insurance companies. Good with usual lite hum (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MALAYSIA. 5030 is normally an unlistenable mixture of Malaysia and China with China on top, but tnx to a tip from Hiroshi and S. Hasegawa, NDXC in Japan, this and many other CNR-1 frequencies from Beijing site are unexpectedly off the air. Now Oct 22 at 1330 all I hear is one station with soft ``island`` vocal music, tho with the inevitable splash from Cuba-5025. The Malaysian station is RTM Sarawak in Kuching (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SOUTH CAROLINA [non]. Brother Scare is now on a reactivated WWRB frequency, 3270 in the evenings, presumably ex-unheard 5745, around 0230 UT Oct 22, tnx to a tip from Steve Wood, NASWA. I had heard B.S. four nights earlier saying 3270 was about to activate. Good thing Namibia is no longer on SW. Other WWRB programming continues on 3185, and I suppose B.S. still takes over there later in the night.

Rechecking 15420 to see if Brother Scare was again on WBCQ at 1406 Oct 22, good signal from DW Russian via UK had some lite QRM, but unseemed B.S., probably BBC Seychelles. B.S. was on WBCQ 9330-, slightly low in frequency as ever, but no het from anything, same program as WWRB 9385 but many seconds out of synch. Overcomer is now sked on WBCQ 9330 daily at 1400-1600, but latest WBCQ sked update does not show 15420 for him at all, where we heard him the previous Saturday. He also has 1, 2 or 3 hours on 7415 every night except UT Sundays (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. An odd language caught my ear on 5985, Oct 22 at 0619 from WYFR. Cantonese from WYFR (not RTI) is scheduled during this hour, but it seemed more exotic than that. Speaker was ending each sentence with ``yi ji`` several times a minute, as if he were enumerating or reciting a list of something. I wonder if they work segments in minolity dialects into this hour as well (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

Order your WRTH 2008: