[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 2-3, 2008

[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 2-3, 2008

** ECUADOR [and non]. Following up my last report about HCJB 11625 at 0030: in the HCJB B-08 schedule via Alokesh Gupta we see that 11625 is not the bidirexional antenna, now dismantled? Just at 150 degrees, aimed away from us but plenty strong here. Target area is officially nothing but South America; 9745 still exists at 324 degrees, not just to Mexico, but to all of Caribbean, Central and North America except for Canada east of Manitoba. It succeeds 11625 at 0200-0500. So on UT Nov 3 I decided to check 9745 at 0359 to find out whether the timecheck was still a semihour and a several MHz off. But 9745 was dominated from 0357 tune-in by Channel Africa IS, and opening in French. I was beginning to wonder if HCJB was there at all until I made out its timesignal under RSA. The two were making a SAH of about 4 Hz. HCJB used to be gangbusters into OK on this frequency. By 0450 it had regained dominance (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NEW ZEALAND. Yet another day, RNZI is on 17675 AM, at 2224 UT Sunday check Nov 2, rather than scheduled 11725. Maybe the schedule at http://www.rnzi.com/pages/listen.php simply has an error in it showing 11725 instead of 17675 and DRM on 15720. At 2245 recheck they had swapped, DRM on 17670-17675-17680 and AM on 15720. I asked Adrian Sainsbury about it and he says the schedule was wrong, that RNZI is really on 17675 AM at 2051-2235, not supposed to be 11725, and he corrected it (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** RUSSIA [and non]. If you want to hear VOR`s first hour in English to NAm, now from 0200 UT, reception is crummy. Checking the 5 frequencies listed at 0210 Nov 3: traces of signal on 7250, 6240, even less on 12040 and 13735, and zero signal on 6100. The latter was the one which was just running tones as the B-08 season began. Has it been totally dropped now? I have a feeling it is being held open for a revival of Radio Republica which until the end of A08 was using it at 0200-0400. 6155 via Germany was inbooming, but in Russian, as English does not start until 0300. Ditto Vatican on 7350, on but not yet in English. It turns out that 7335, formerly occupied by Vatican for its own broadcasts to elsewhere, has been ceded to VOR via Guiana French to USA at 0200-0600. Too bad for CHU, not even beeps audible at 0350 check Nov 3 whilst VOR was still in Russian (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. It`s now clear that WRNO is running 7505 24 hours a day, even tho authorized at maximum from 23 to 16 UT. Continuing my log starting after 2300 Nov 1: still running Nov 2 past 1900 playing Battle Hymn of the Republic. And still going past 2000, and 2115 and 2200 in hourly chex. If this is not merely `burning in` the new transmitter as a test, it will override R. Tirana English on 7510 Mon-Sat at 2100-2130, which depended on WRNO honoring its registered schedule, not coming on before 2300 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. Re the new show on the WBCQ 9330 sked, daily 0400-0600, The ``Roger Fredenburg Show``, Googling that got exactly two hits, one to my previous report, and the other to a testimonial at the healthyheartsclub mentioning hearing about a a heart and body extract to treat fybermyalgia on the Fredenburg show a year ago. However, if you spell his name right, Fredinburg, you get a hefty 192 hits starting with http://www.regularguy.com/ He also has a message board with anti-Obama stuff and Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Looks like we have another winner in the ``free speech`` category. Could not hear it around 0455 UT Nov 3; is it really on and not propagating? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

Order your WRTH 2008: