[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 4, 2008

[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 4, 2008

** BRAZIL. RNA, 11780, which had distorted matching spurs the night before on 11721.5 and 11838.5, at 0737 Nov 4 heard without the spurs (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** BULGARIA. R. Bulgaria, 15700 transmitter again putting out modulation spike spurs between 15680 and 15720, Nov 4 at 1423, bothering Portugal on 15690 which at the moment had some Brazilian talking about Carnaval (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA. Two English programs mixing on 6160 at 0738 Nov 4, making fast SAH, from CKZU and CKZN (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [and non]. I still haven`t found R. República for sure on any frequency, but Dave Yocis, WV reports hearing it on 9600 at 0350 Nov 2. At 0345 Nov 4 on 9600, I could hear jamming and something mixing with it, but both weak. Why would RR go up to a higher frequency in B-season? If it is on 9600, that will encourage the Dentro Cuban Jamming Command at least to turn it off when RHC is using the very same frequency. I had previously heard jamming against nothing on 9600 later in the night, so this explains that.

5745, WYFR in English heard with jamming pulses underneath, Nov 4 at 0734, because R. Martí uses same frequency at very different times; also jamming against nothing at 0735 on 5890, as WWCR-4 was absent, tho present on 5935 with WWCR-2; for the Cubans, 5890 must be jammed because VOA Spanish uses it at very different times. And at 0739 much more serious heavy multiple-site jamming was running against R. Martí axually using 5980 and 6030 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. Day 19 for VOI on 9526, Nov 4 at 1335, lo-fi phone interview, in English, audio dropouts too, with someone at RRI Banjarmasin, Kalimantan Selatan, which used to be on SW, and then playing a song from there (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ISRAEL. Galei Zahal is often reported on varying or jumped frequencies such as 15781, so when I heard Hebrew ads Nov 4 at 1357 I made sure to measure it: 15785.0 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** KURDISTAN [non]. On Nov 4 I monitored WYFR Portuguese on 11530 to find exactly when it would go off: 1345, uncovering V. of Mesopotamia, via Pridnestrovye, but its signal only poor with echo (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. Checking 1120 again for new KEOR Catoosa/Sperry/Tulsa, Nov 4 at 1530, instead heard KMOX with talk show, ID in passing, so skywave from it was still in and no sign of KEOR. An hour later at 1630, only KEOR was to be heard with music segué tests like the day before (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ROMANIA. RRI in English on 17745, Nov 4 at 1353 about traditional rôle of women, and the ritual of bread wreaths(?); fair signal not heard earlier in morningly bandscans since B-08 began, so believe this frequency has just been turned on. Also on stronger // 15105. Ending at 1355 saying next broadcast to W Europe would be at 1800 on 7250, 9640, .wma format on webcast, Hotbird 6, WRN; address eng@xxxxxx  The IS had just played a couple notes when cut off the air at 1356. Wolfgang Büschel says the new Tiganesti transmitters are finally in regular service, so the nominal B-08 schedule is now in effect (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** RUSSIA [non]. VOR, English to NAm on new 7335, totally blotting out CHU, which should hurry up and move to 7850, at 0345 check Nov 4. VOR 7335 is via French Guiana, new relay site for them, and per DX Mix News, Bulgaria, replaces 6100 and 6135 which were used only the first few days of B-08, the former heard with nothing but tones. At this hour 7335 was much stronger than // 7350 via Vatican, which apparently also gave up 7335 to VOR (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WWCR 15825 was inbooming Nov 4 at 1400, tnx to off-season sporadic E, so I reconfirmed that ``Tony Alamo`` is still being broadcast despite his serious legal problems; opened show #725, probably recorded long ago, about Jude, and offering tapes or CDs of it free (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WRNO still being heard long hours testing mostly music on 7505, Nov 3 and 4. George Jacobs tells me that once the testing is finished, it will no longer broadcast on this frequency in the 16-23 UT period when it is not scheduled, and even before then will consider concluding it at 2100 due to R. Tirana in English on 7510 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 5883, very strong 5-digit YL spy numbers, Nov 4 at 0737, presumably from Cuba. This frequency is in regular use, as well as some others late at night in the 5.8-5.9 MHz range (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Rapid pulsing with multiple carrier peaks between 15075 and 15105 centered on 15090, Nov 4 at 1358 and still at 1420 recheck. Seems like OTH radar, Cyprus maybe? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

Order your WRTH 2008: