Re: [HCDX] Logs for Al Muick 04 November

Re: [HCDX] Logs for Al Muick 04 November

Hi Albert, hi Mauno,

QATAR   954  MW Al Arish installation, 4 mast array southerly, non-dir
daytime?

But I guess 954 kHz directional installation located northerly the
transmitter house in use on nighttime?

6 masts
from right
1 reflector, 1 driven mast, and 4 directors towards

my goniometer shows 280 degrees, which means signal in direction of Eilat
and Cairo.

26 03 49.62 N  51 05 05.74 E

http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&hl=de&geocode=&q=26%C2%B003%2749.62%22N+51%C2%B005%2705.74%22E+&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17

wb

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mauno Ritola" <mauno.ritola@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: [HCDX] Logs for Al Muick 04 November

In spite of all my efforts, there is still no sign of
Qatar's allegedly 1500 kW blowtorch on 954 kHz, and their website
provides no information, only streaming audio.  Does anyone know
the current status of this station?

I could hear an Arabic station on 954 kHz from 1230 onwards. At 1530 there
was a time announcement to Al-Doha, so it most probably was QBS.

73, Mauno

----- Original Message ----- From: "Albert Muick" <radioresearch_field_operations@xxxxxxxxx>
ACC: Palstar MW-550P Mediumwave preselector
In spite of all my efforts, there is still no sign of Qatar's allegedly 1500
kW blowtorch on 954 kHz, and their website provides no information, only
streaming audio.  Does anyone know the current status of this station?
73 de Al

Order your WRTH 2008: