[HCDX] Logs for Al Muick 08/09 November

QTH:	Kabul, Afghanistan
RX:	WinRadio G303e
ANT:	100m longwire
ACC:	Palstar MW-550P mediumwave preselector

990	CYPRUS, R. Sawa via Monte Carlo relay station, heard at 00.02 on 09
Nov. in AR with pop AR mx and OM DJ w/talkovers.  Very US-sounding
production and good signal with a little help from the MW-550P,

6155	AUSTRIA, R. Ö1 Intl., heard at 16:32 on 08 Nov. in GM w/easy pop mx
in EG and male/female announcers.  Always nice to just sit and listen to
this station (yes, this is where my DX evening got lost to on this date,
LOL).  Good clear signals, but prior to 16.00 they were getting clobbered by
Iran in English on 6160, who have no respect for occupied bandwidth.  The
fact that they're just next door doesn't help either.

In fact, it becomes quickly obvious that both Iran and China are
singlehandedly responsible for the lack of good DX opportunities on both
mediumwave and shortwave.  Both countries run high power 24/7, mostly
non-directional, and China's presence on shortwave is one of mythic
proportions.  Makes me want to ask Brother Scare to pray for transmitter
failures!

73 de Al

"I have unwittingly ruined my country. We have come to be one of the
worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated
governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free
opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the
majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group
of dominant men."
 - President, Woodrow Wilson

Order your WRTH 2008: