[HCDX] Logs for Al Muick 16/17 November

QTH:	Kabul, Afghanistan
RX:	WinRadio G303e
ANT:	200m Longwire/Randomwire
ACC:	Palstar MW-550P Mediumwave Preselector

4795	KYRGYZSTAN, Kyrgyz R., heard at 0000 on 17 Nov with news and
commentary in Kyrgyz language.  Audio muffled and modulation a little low
with low hum on carrier.  S5 signals with S3 QRM from ubiquitous China on
4800.

4810	INDIA, AIR Bhopal, heard with test tones at 0019 on 17 Nov.  Satrted
"Song of India" IS at 0022 and ID and s/on choir at 0025.  Kind of weak
signal, about an S3 with some slight splatter from China on 4810 (China has
no concept of occupied bandwidth).  Checking this as follow-up to my report
of Armenia from previous day.  At 0130, time pips were heard and the usual
Akhashvani ID from AIR.  Yesterday, the signal was different as was the
language and there were no time pips at 0130 (India is GMT +05.30).  I could
attribute the program change to it now being a weekday.  Now the question is
why was Armenia on yesterday?  Mistake or special program or no reason at
all?  I will check some more this week and definitely next Sunday and
hopefully we will soon have an answer!

6240	MOLDOVA, R. DMR (or PMR if you prefer), heard at 2315 on 27 Nov.
with close of German program into English then French with classic
soviet-style non-news.  Talk about the glorious teaching of Bulgarian
language and culture in Moldova and the fact that the announcer himself
determined that over 95% of Bulgarians did not want to join the EU.  Yes
folks, they were happy with their poverty-line existence! Good signals here
in Kabul, about S4

6300	CLAN, R. Nac. de la RASD, heard at 2230 on 27 Nov in AR with
interviews up to the last few minutes then some mx. Continued in SP at 2300
with much livelier pgm of pop mx.

9290	LATVIA, Latvia Today (finally!!) heard at 14.13 on 16 Nov. with some
rock music, station IDs by OM and talk by a YL.  Signal was extremely weak
and only faded up occasionally but finally enough to get details for QSL.  I
had to use synchronous detection.  For me this is really rare, and I am
quite pleased.

9290	LATVIA, R. Waves Intl. relay heard at 1516 on 18 Nov with pop music
and talks by male DJ with station IDs.  Much lower modulation and signal
strength than Latvia Today beforehand, but I still think I got enough
details for a QSL.  Again had to use synchronous detection.

73s de Al

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
 - St. Augustine

Order your WRTH 2008: