[HCDX] Logs for Al Muick

QTH:	Kabul, Afghanistan
RX:	WinRadio G303e
ANT:	200m Longwire/Randomwire
ACC:	Palstar MW-550P Mediumwave Preselector

9995	KOREA, NORTH, V. of Korea heard 19 Nov. at 1518 with AR pgm to the
Middle East.  The signal was S3 at best.  I was quite surprised at the lack
of strength, especially as it is supposed to be beamed to the ME.

9990	ISRAEL, Kol Israel, heard 19 Nov. at 1501 w/s/on in FS and news.
English recordings of Simon Peres.  Loud signal, but not quite S5.  If I
recall correctly, they were going to quit SW a few years back.

9970	BELGIUM, RTBF Intl., heard in French talk and music w/IDs at 1529 on
19 Nov.  Good signals, but suddenly creamed by R.F.Chosun tuning up on freq
@ 1533.

9970	CLAN, ARMENIA, R.F.Chosun relay via Gavar.  KR nx, political talk
and mx at 1545 on 19 Nov.  They started tuning up on freq at 1533, beating
RTBF Belgium into the dirt.  Pounding S4+ sigs.

I decided to explore 31 meters a little bit and see what there was left on
there.  Belgium is an old friend and I still proudly have my QSL from BRT
ca. 1977.  I had seen all sorts of reports that Israel was giving up on
Shortwave, but it seems the unfortunate political state in this area of the
world has kept them on the air.

Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar islands, India still on 4760 this morning,
but not quite as strong as yesterday.  Tajikistan was pounding at 0020, but
at shortly after 0030 the seemed to change antenna patters as their signal
dropped considerably.  No help for Port Blair though, whose signal continued
to deteriorate.

Have a great day, everyone!

73s de Al

"It has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable
would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no
position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which
the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature
of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure
deformity."
 - Alexander Hamilton, Speech on 21 June 1788 urging ratification
of the Constitution in New York.

Order your WRTH 2008: